‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I like the sculpting on the cowl, but I'm not sure of the rest. The Batsuit in the second and third Nolan movies looked genuinely functional and practical, body armor you could move around in. This seems more like the older movie designs that were more sculpted for show.

And I don't like the oversized Dark Knight Returns-style Bat logo. I'm also tired of Bat logos that are the same color as the rest of the costume. Okay, I get it, camouflage and all, but if he wanted to be camouflaged, why use a logo at all? The very existence of the logo implies that it's meant to be seen.

Not crazy about the new Batmobile either. It's still very Tumbler-ish.

Still, the cowl looks very good.

2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I was gonna joke and say 'Fat Man' but this is more of a Dark Knight Returns Batman. The suit and physique. Impressed.

3. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

I'm digging the suit, but the Batmobile looks fricking terrible.

4. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still quite partial to the second-gen Nolan Batsuit. This one seems to be a cross of the DKR cowl and the suit from the Arkham Asylum games, right on down to the brass-knuckles integrated into the gloves.

5. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Holy crap. Wasn't expecting to get a glimpse of Affleck in the Batsuit today as well! Very cool.

And while I agree about the logo being the same color as the suit, it at least looks a lot more prominent and hard to miss than the ones on the Nolan suits (which you often had to struggle to even make out). And while I've always preferred the longer ears to the shorter ones, I'm sure I'll get used to that part as well.

Hard to make much sense of the Batmobile so far, but I like that it at least has the standard style of cockpit again.

6. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice! Hope we get a pic of Wonder Woman soon.

7. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I'm not so sure we are seeing Affleck. It looks like CGI to me.

8. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

No, it's Affleck.

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Very nice :techman:

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Ah, I see the tweet from Snyder now.

11. davejames

Hmm, lightening it up you can make out more of the belt. And there doesn't appear to be much in the way of gloves there.

[​IMG]

12. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And Snyder took the photo according to his tweet

[​IMG]

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, Savage Dragon could still be correct if our universe is actually a computer simulation. ;)

14. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is that a reflection of The Joker on the left?

Batty and the car look pretty much the same as ever to me. Nothing changed as much as Superman's MoS look.

15. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Affleck is so muscular (or the suit so padded) it almost makes him look stocky. Bearing in mind that he's 6'4", he must be packing a lot of muscle (again, assuming that it's not padding and I don't think it is). Taller ears might have avoided this but presumably this is the look they've aimed for - kinda Frank Millar, IMHO.

The more I look at the car, it really makes me think of the chassis or body of the Burton-era car transplanted onto the wheels and exhaust ports (remembering yesterday's teaser tweet) of the tumbler. I hope that when it's seen completely, it brings something a little more original to the table.

16. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All I see on the left is the Batmobile wheel.

17. davejames

Well the muscles are clearly sculpted (as they always are in today's superhero costumes), but the underlying bulk is almost certainly his.

Personally I'm just glad to get away from the segmented armor look of the Nolan films. It worked fine for those movies, but it's still far from my ideal Batman costume.

And I especially love that he's got a proper neck again, and not the skinny action figure neck he had in TDK and TDKR (which may have been more practical, but always looked really off to me).

18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah, there's padding in the way that e.g. Cavill's suit had padding to complement an already-muscular physique. But not in the way that, e.g., Michael Keaton's suit provided essentially all the physique and muscle, with the wearer having a fairly average frame underneath.

19. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

The first thing that comes to my mind after seeing that picture is

Batman: I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you.

20. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the suit looks decent, and much better than the Nolan movie versions. The cowl definitely looks better, even with short ears. I'm less enthusiast about the car, but I still need to see a good, clear pic before forming an opinion.