Supernatural 8x20 "Pac-Man Fever" spoiler discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Timelord Victorious, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry, if I am stealing someone's thunder here, but is this episode today?

Looks like Felicia Day is returning and the Brothers venture into the Gaming World... literally.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEBa08Ry4aI[/yt]

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Yes! I'm really looking forward to it.

3. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

No stolen thunder. Thanks for posting it. The district managers paid a suprise visit yesterday!!! :eek::eek::eek: My boss was taking an unexpected play hooky day. I had to handle the situation and ended up staying at work until 10pm dealing with things when it was supposed to be a half day for me.

What a disaster. But not for me. :evil: If there's any justice the bastard will get fired. I look forward to watching the ep on the website when I get home this evening. I love Charley.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I liked this episode. I love the Dean/Charlie relationship; it's very sweet.

5. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved it.
    I like they didn't play it for laughs and gave Charlie some depth and more backstory... a non supernatural one, btw.

And even though she was still a super nerd with all the Hobbit stuff and the I love You - I know exchange with Dean it really resonated on a deeper emotional level.

They also practically spelled it out this time, that she is becoming a regular member of Team Winchester and is growing into a Woman of Letters role.

6. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Good episode, I liked it, also liked how they gave Charlie some depth this time.

Sam really is hurting from these trials, only 2 down, and wow. The third one is really going to hurt him bad. But, I'm thinking God, will fix him up after its over :) AT least I hope so.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

God's not showing up till the final curtain.

They've been renewed for another year.

Meanwhile.

God doesn't want the gates to hell closed.

Otherwise they'd be closed.

Although he made hell before Lucifer took over and invented Demons.

What was Hell like before Lucifer?

But it's the demon tablet not the hell tablet.

The angel tablet must have been made billions of years earlier than the demon tablet, or Angels were around for billions of years before a tablet was made to fuck them over.

Gods intermediate will and testament?

His bucket list?

The universe's owners manual?

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

This was a great episode. I like Charlie, of course, and this gave her a really nice story. And it gave Dean the chance to be uncharacteristically mature.

I liked the mention of her as a "Woman of Letters." Hopefully, it's foreshadowing, and by the end of the series that empty bunker will be a lively place full of interesting characters instead of a quiet tomb.

9. Guy Gardener

Yoda didn't teach Luke shit.

No one should be allowed to call themself a man or woman of letters without decades of focussed education and passing a series of... Well I suppose an Entry Level Men of Letters Cadet is still a Man of Letters technically?

10. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

God's already shown up and was featured in several episodes. He even made a (very) indirect appearance in this one.

God clearly sees humanity as some kind of experiment. And considering that, as far as we know, only humans get to be prophets and only prophets get to read the tablets, they were clearly created for humanity to find, translate, and use. It also fits in with the whole "free will" thing.

God also prefers a hands-off approach to creation, but maybe he slipped these in like cheat codes in a video game. Just like the novels he wrote and the small nuggets of help he's provided indirectly over the years.

Why is God doing it that way? Who knows. Maybe he just can't bear to destroy his original creations himself, so he gave humans the ability to protect themselves from them. Maybe he's just a bored old prick toying with life like rats in a maze purely for entertainment.

11. Guy Gardener

God saved them from a distance once but he abandoned Heaven LONG before the series started.

You're going to have to cite or quote from an episode for me to believe you.

I'm not being an asshole, that's just how it's done.

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=God

12. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I in no way buy that Chuck is God, if that is where you are goin

13. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The season five finale strongly implied that Chuck was God in human form. It was not outright stated but it seems most of the Supernatural fanbase (myself included) take this implication as fact in the show's continuity.

If someone can watch "Swan Song" and suggest a different theory on what happened to Chuck and/or who Chuck was, I would love to read it. For me, there is only the "Chuck=God" conclusion.

14. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

"At the Rob Benedict Panel at a Jus in Bello con, Rob confirmed that Chuck is in fact God. He explains that other members of the cast, as well as Eric Kripke himself, had asked him how it felt to play God." --Video

And for an actual in-show quote (which is misleading, but still a quote): "Well, there's only one explanation. Obviously I'm a god... I'm definitely a god. A cruel, cruel, capricious god." --Chuck, The Monster at the End of the Book.

Joshua (the black angel in Heaven's garden) also told the boys that God was on Earth and, despite what Castiel said about Dean's amulet, that they wouldn't be able to find him if he didn't want to be found. He also appears dressed immaculately in white after narrating the story (in which he groans about how hard it is to end a story just right) in the season five finale before disappearing. Plus all the other hints scattered through his appearances, such as the ad for Mary Magdalene as an S&M mistress on his desk.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  15. Guy Gardener

It was really late when I wrote that. I read about Chuck in the link I supplied but my brain just wasn't working. I got the joke this morning with a fresh perspective. I feel like I'm hung over. I didn't drink. I must be old. Really old. I hate being old. If this is what a late night does to me, I might as well drink, because the effect couldn't be any worse.

Curious thought.

Funny.

Do I even need to call bullshit?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

This episode did very well at balancing comedy with drama. How many movies did they give a nod to? Skyfall, Terminator, Indiana Jones, Dune... Am I missing any?

17. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Empire Strikes Back

Charly : I love you
    Dean: I know

18. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Aliens (agents Ripley and Hicks) and any movie with a "girl tries on outfits" montage.