David Slade Will Direct Daredevil for Fox

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep I made an error...no extension has been given, they're still talking, the characters would be compensation for the extension if it is granted I'm guessing, my bad :)

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

For the record, I think this is a dumb deal for Marvel. It is better to let the rights revert so they can fully own the Dardevil film rights once again.

FOX letting Marvel borrow Galactus and SS, but not FF doesn't work. You can't have a movie with Galactus and SS without the FF. It would be best for Disney to wait it out until the FF rights fully revert.

3. Admiral_Young

Actually IMO it just shows how desperate Fox is to keep the rights for them to be even considering this. I don't think a deal like this has ever happened before (if it gets done). They are desperate to keep the remaining two superhero properties they posses.

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

This is going to be a lose lose for FOX.

They will either lose Dardevil or one of the FF's biggest enemies.

I'm fed up with how FOX has treated Daredevil. We got a mediocre Daredevil and a terrible Elektra movie out of them. Frankly, I think they've wasted the character long enough. The whole 7 years rights deal was way too long and ridicious.

The last superhero movie that was rushed out by a studio just to keep the rights was Ghostrider 2. We all know how horrible that turned out.

A big problem with the FF is that outside of Doom and Galactus, their villains really suck. They really can't afford to lose Galactus if they are serious about doing a FF reboot.

FOX will have to quickly decide which is the more important franchise for them, Daredevil or FF.

5. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The Amazing Spider-Man would like a word with you. ;)

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

We all know how boring the first hour of that movie turned out to be. :p

7. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

From article:

Yeah, they really would be CRAZY to give up Galactus.

For the whole FF reboot thing, I see them having Doctor Doom in a large role in all three movies if they go with a trilogy. The X-men movies did the same thing with Magneto since they were so reluctant in using anyone else. FF will need Doom even more, their villains aren't nearly as popular as the X-men's villains.

9. Admiral_Young

Fox has already locked up "Fantastic Four" with Josh Trank as director. I think this is a big indication already which property is more important to them.

10. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

This sounds like a wacky fannish rumor (fueled by heavy doses of wishful thinking) to me.

11. Admiral_Young

What does Greg? The "Daredevil" thing was announced originally during SDCC by Deadline. This is not a rumour. I find it funny that Fox has come out and denied it so quickly. Sounds like them.

12. Admiral_Young

13. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

As I've been saying for a while now. This can only be good news, because seeing Daredevil join up with The Avengers would be awesome.

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Let's just DD back to MS so they can prep him for entry into Phase 3.
    He's the character that currently could handle nearly any type of script Batman would. He could be the first "dark" themed MS film.

15. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

I'm fine with Marvel getting Daredevil back, the ship has long since sailed on a sequel to Mark Steven Johnson's movie. That said, I hope Marvel hires Joe Carnahan to direct their reboot. It sounds like he's got a definite vision for it.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  16. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Yeah, even if Carnahan and Fox can't get it together, Marvel would be foolish not to at least listen to his pitch, assuming that the rights do revert to them.

I like his description of his idea as a 70s style Serpico-like thriller. On the face of it, this may not seem like an obvious match for the Marvel-verse. But if it can accommodate the 1940s pulp of Captain America, the Norse grandeur of Thor and the hi-tech vision of Iron Man, surely the Marvel-verse can also have room for a gritty noir-ish superhero?

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Absolutely. Just as in the comics.

18. Admiral_Young

I have a feeling phase three will be street level oriented. I'd set up a Marvel Knights sub-division and slowly integrate characters such as Blade, Frank, and Matt into the main stream MCU but not before establishing themselves and their own worlds.

19. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been saying that as well, that Phase 3 will be street level.
    I mean once you go so cosmic in Avengers 2 with a universe level event not much higher up to go really. Pendulum swing.

20. Admiral_Young

I agree. It only makes the most sense. I'm still wondering when Marvel is going to finally schedule "Doctor Strange" and "Sub-Mariner". I'm still irked that they've no plans for Incredible Hulk 2 either. Seems a shame to sign Ruffalo to a three picture deal only to use him sporadically and for "Avengers 2". I wants me a Hulk sequel!!