It's been a long time...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Danoz, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Danoz

Danoz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How is everyone? :)

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Not bad. I moved to DC, graduated from Law School, and passed the Bar Exam. Aside from that, same old same old.

What've you been up to?

3. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Welcome back, Danoz!

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Not bad. 2013 saw an unexpected terrorist attack, an unexpected death in the family, and some unexpected health problems-- but you've got to keep going and focused on the good things in the world. This year will be better.

The question is: How are you?

5. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

welcome back! I'm as fine as someone can be who's just had a dentist appointment :D But what's far more important: how are you? And are you going to stay? Have a look at the oldtimer thread where we ancient ones hang out ;)

6. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Re: It's been a long time... getting from there to here

I just wanted to change the post title. :devil:

Everything is fine. I'm a dad now. I think that's pretty much it.

Welcome back Danoz!

7. rhubarbodendron

congrats, Iguana!

8. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Yo, man.

Losing weight, getting fit, trying to fly below the mods' radar. The usual.

But you haven't told us what's been going on in your world. Unless I missed a memo. Or possibly a meme.

9. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Well, thanks, but it's not exactly recent. I just didn't remember if Danoz was around when it happened, and I felt like mentioning it. But let's not steal his thunder. :)

10. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A little gassy.

11. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

Welcome back, Danoz.

The biggest thing that happened in my household in 2013 is the passing of the 'real' Miss Chicken. However she is still around - haunting us - or at least we blame her ghost for everything that goes missing or if the lights are left on etc.

12. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm good. Still looking for a full time job but feeling like I have a full time job in the on call job that I have. Also, I'm still working on Taxes, took two trips to Anaheim, and not really posting much on here anymore (Mostly lurking).

Hope all is well with you Danoz and everyone else. I did change my username, so that is probably the highlight of me on this board last year. Nothing too special, I guess.

13. rhubarbodendron

Been to Disneyland I presume, Sharksfan? Which attraction did you like best? I love the Winnie the Pooh ride (fortunately, I am old enough to be allowed a little childishness again :D). Next door at the California Adventure my favourite ride is "Soarin' over California" =)

14. tomalak301

I went to Disneyland in August. My favorite attractions are California Screamin' and Space Mountain. Also loved World of Color and Fantasmic!. Soarin' is pretty good, but I wish they updated it and made it 3D. It's the same film since the ride's inception.

Last week the trip was to see a Hockey game at the Honda Center. I've only been to San Jose, and the Sharks were playing the Ducks and I really wanted to see a new arena. I didn't go into the Disneyland parks, but I did see the firework shows from where I was staying and they were awesome and perfectly synced. Best New Year's Eve I've ever had.

15. rhubarbodendron

Ah, hence the username! I trust the Sharks won?
    California Screamin and Space Mountain are two rides I haven't tried yet. They are a bit too exciting for an elderly lady :D . I usually go to Disneyland with a friend who is walking impaired and we like to take it a little slower than the young folks. He's the perfect guide to DL, though, as he's been going there almost every weekend since DL was founded and knows all hidden gags and gadgets.

16. tomalak301

Not the game I was at. They actually got a little embarrassed, but it was a great experience and I got 5 free wings at Hooters so it wasn't all bad. ;)

I bet your friend knows all the locations of the Mickey Mouse ears/easter eggs. It seems like whenever I go, that subject get's brought up quite a bit.

17. rhubarbodendron

Not only these. There are also a few nice eastereggs hidden in the tunnel leading to the Indiana Jones ride and IIRC even in the Enchanted Tiki Room :)

18. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

The Indiana Jones ride? Do they drop you off a cliff in a life raft? :D

19. Danoz

Danoz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice - congrats on finishing up law school! I traveled a ton for work the past year, but pretty settled now in NYC. Love the big city, thinking I might call it home for awhile!

It was quite a year... I think I visited 27 states in 2013. I need to get home more, though! Sorry to hear about your loss. Any big plans for this year?

Congratulations! I can't believe how fast my cousin's kid grows everytime I'm home.

Miss Chicken! Good to hear from you -- sorry to hear about that. How old was she?

Yeah, I definitely need to come around more this year. I should make that my resolution -- less work, more TrekBBS into my weekly schedule :).

The biggest thing that my buddy and I did recently was fly out to San Francisco for the Star Trek convention. We had a pretty great time and met some cool folks out there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. rhubarbodendron

LOL couldn't you use your combined Q powers to rid us of these annoying ads?
    Naah, it's just a rather wild ride in a jeep-like vehicle. But there's a tunnel leading to it. The ceiling appears to be held by several thiick bamboo sticks. When you rattle one of them, it'll start a tape with the sound of falling rocks. The prob is that there are some 20 of them and I can't recall which one it was. It was one to the left of a well-like structure I believe.