Sega Classic 'Castle of Illusion' (1990) Remake for Summer

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jefferiestubes8, Apr 16, 2013.

1. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

A remake not a remaster.

The Sega Genesis classic 'Castle of Illusion' is being remade and is expected to be released for PSN, XBLA and Steam this summer.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/15/castle-of-illusion-coming-to-psn-this-summer/

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's about damn time that Sega starts digging into their old school library. Sega has a massive IP catalogue that can rival Nintendo, but for the past 10 years or so they've been content to release buggy Sonic games and Football Manager games. Did they just forget about how many great franchises they owned to rights to?

Well, hopefully this game sells well and we get more retro remakes. Come on Vectorman HD!

3. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm still holding out for a new Herzog Zwie

4. Kelthaz

Yeah, but that's not Sega.

5. Davros

It's the only system I ever saw it on. It's even one of the games mentioned on the back of my Genesis box.

6. Kelthaz

No, I mean, yes, it was released on a Sega console, but it's not a Sega game. Sega didn't develop or publish the game.

7. Davros

It was on the back of the box of my Genesis along with the other Sega games. But whoever is responsible they need to bring it back.

8. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I remember the original being a great game at the time. Of course I was like 8 or 9. I don't think I managed to beat it. I still have it though apparently I lost the case, I'll have to break out the Genesis sometime and give it a play-through before the remake hits.

9. Kelthaz

Castle of Illusion was incredible. I'd easily put it (and its sibling Quackshot) on a equal footing with the Genesis Sonic games. Pretty much anything Sega developed back then was gold, especially the platformers.

10. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

A Vectorman remake/HD special edition would make me happy. There's an Earthworm Jim HD remake on XBLA and it is just as awesome as when I threw the cart into my Genesis for the first time

11. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I liked the second one better as a kid...World of Illusion, was it?