Justified, Season 4

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by auntiehill, Jan 9, 2013.

1. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

agree with the Shelby = Drew idea.

Also, I was actually quite happy about the Arlo offing. not every death of a major character on TV should be dramatic or have reason. people die or are killed all the time... 'tis life. i actually found it quite refreshing for a show to be a little different in that respect.

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

True. And Raylan wouldn't make a big deal out of it, so the show wouldn't either. That said, however, that fight scene was pretty dramatic, so in that sense, Arlo did get to go out swinging.

3. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

indeed...and probably one of the largest body counts the show has had in a long while. brutal. i loved it! :D

4. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Really good ep. I'd say when the wheels come off at the end of the season, it's going to be big.

5. auntiehill

^That's definitely a good thing about Justified. The season finales are always pretty epic.

6. auntiehill

This was a good episode---I love Constable Bob just losing it at the cabin. :lol:

I really hope Shelby & Ellen get away, although they probably won't. I think the season finale body count is about to begin.

7. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I knew it!!! Well, we all called it.

8. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That gunfight was definitely a highlight.

Umm... So since when did any real estate agent ever try to down-sell someone?

9. auntiehill

^When they assume the buyer could never qualify for a mortgage in a million years and think the people are just lookie-loos wasting their time.

Why do I get the feeling that some seriously bad things are going to screw up Boyd & Ava premarital bliss?

10. Yoda

^I just didn't get it. They just don't come across as the broke-ass ignorant hillbillies they would have to be in order to merit that kind of treatment. She'd at least be cautiously optimistic that she might have a huge commission coming.

11. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

It was probably the beat up 1970's ford truck that Boyd likes to drive. Not a great impression.

12. Yoda

Ok. I guess you could say the truck is old (I'd say retro chic). But he's a pretty snappy dresser so... $$$$$$$$$$$$

13. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Or more likely their family's reputation, accent, and mannerisms, as opposed to the more upscale individuals living in that area.

14. Yoda

They all sound like rednecks to me :)

15. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Might have had to do with the phone call the realtor received as well. I thought that was pretty heavily implied actually.

16. Yoda

Maybe. I first thought that was just an excuse to get her out of the scene a little bit so Ava could reminisce about her childhood visits without interference. But looking at it again I guess the real estate agent was kind of playing with her phone expectantly.

Obviously they've been playing up Boyd's desire for his family name to be established among the elite. So I get the idea behind that scene... it was just weird for me. My experience with real estate around here, showing up in jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops is they were still bright and cheery even when I outright said something I was looking at just wasn't in my price range.

17. auntiehill

Phew! Lots of stuff happening tonight.

Seems Ellen May finally wised a up tiny bit (but only a tiny bit) when she realized what it meant by Ava & Boyd wanting Shelby. Ouch.

I was kinda hoping the sharp shooter would take Colt out; the dude's a dick. I guess they're saving that for the finale. Good to see Limehouse again; he's a formidable character.

Jim Beaver is all kinds of awesome. I'm hoping he survives the finale, but it doesn't look good.

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Actually, the whole episode went south when Limehouse appeared. Got tired of him last season. He sucked the life right out of the episode.

19. Yoda

Yeah not a fan of Bubba Gump Shrimp on this show either. Too hokey for me. Otherwise was a pretty decent episode. Next week looks good.

20. FFunctionalData

FFunctionalData Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well said Art. Well said