what's next for Marvel (movies)?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Temis the Vorta, May 6, 2012.

1. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Wha-- But... but... boobs... :confused:

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Moobs. Epic moobs.

3. Admiral James Kirk

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! :scream::scream: :scream:

4. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

That comes right after Hulk Is Hulk, the sequel to Hulk Is Not Banner! Not Puny Human!.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

So here's a question. Do you think these Avenger movies could be used to create a new, original superhero? We talk about which existing Marvel characters we'd like to see in future films, but what about somebody new? The comics invent new superheroes all the time; why not the movies?

6. Admiral James Kirk

That's a fair point. They've already spun the Coulson character off into the comics. Why not create an all new, all original Marvel just for the screen? Sounds kewl.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that could be kinda cool. And we've already gotten two Marvel superheros who originated in TV animation, Firestar and x-23 both started in Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends and X-Men: Evolution respectively.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

They should make a live action movie and use CG to create Liefeld proportions.

I think Moon Knight could do well, just seems like it might translate really well to the screen. Doctor Strange would be cool but I wouldn't go with the aforementioned Depp. I don't know how they haven't got a handle on The Punisher. I think the FF needs a more traditional Doom.

I'd like to see them try some different stuff in more modest movies. Cloak and Dagger, for example, I think could work in the right film. Just don't throw them untended to the dogs like Man-thing.

I think they are starting to get a grip on it now being more careful in making sure the material is approached the right way.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

What about Cobie Smulders? Let's pump her full of that super soldier serum and turn her into a hero! We need some more lady heroes.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maria Hill doesn't need no stinking super soldier serum.

Getting the job done without superpowers is way more heroic than cheating.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

But then she's not a superhero.

12. I think they should try and get the following off the ground:

1. Dr. Strange - heavy on the fantasy, dark magic, etc.

2. Ant-Man - I'm assuming this one is going to be more light-hearted?

3. A female led hero - It just makes sense. I'm not sure who though, either a Black Widow movie (meh) or someone else. Needs more thought.

Then you have sequels to the others.

Here's a crazy idea... since there's some reluctance to give Hulk a third whirl... what about a HULK/BLACK WIDOW team-up movie?

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

See, I think this would the perfect reason to create a brand new superhero. There's really nobody I trust more to do that than Joss Whedon. Bring on Eliza Dushku!

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

She had sex with Tony Stark inside the blast radius of an atomic explosion.

Oh.

AND she's an Avenger.

Captain American said so.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Ms. Marvel.

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

What does Ms. Marvel do, exactly? I don't know anything about her other than Rogue put her in a coma.

17. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

super strength, flight, durability, limited invulnerability, energy blasts, energy absorption... too much energy being absorbed leads her to turn into a crazy godlike energy being called Binary...

[​IMG]

typically around lifting the 70 ton mark with ease... meaning she can normally kick The Hulk in the balls and get away with it lol

Also she's a registered test pilot for NASA and S.W.O.R.D, with a hell of a lot experience in fighter jets... she's got more balls than most of the Marvel Air Force put together lol

M

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Hmm. She might be kinda cool to introduce in the next Avengers movie. You could then spin her off into her own series.

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Her "origin story" involves another alien race, the Kree. But after The Avengers, I don't think Marvel would shy away from including more aliens.

20. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

yeah, i was actually really expecting to see Carol Danvers (Ms Marvel) as a human fighter pilot on the S.H.I.E.L.D Carrier... could have easily been worked in to have her jet taken down by an energy blast from the Tesseract, causing her mutation...

M