Non-Trek Games with Trek Mods

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Cyke101, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So I've decided to treat myself to a cheap, older RTS space game like Sins of a Solar Empire or Galactic Civilizations II, partly because of the Star Trek mods I've seen on Youtube for both games. I was wondering if anyone could recommend other non-Trek games, with the caveat that there's a Trek mod for those games?

I'm feeling nostalgic for Armada-style games, but I'd like to try it out with newer material.

Of course, if you have a recommendation that doesn't involve RTS games (simulators, FPS, etc), I'd love to explore that too.

Thanks!

2. Mysterio

Mysterio Lieutenant Red Shirt

You've probably picked the best one. The Sacrifice of Angels for Sins is fantastic and is still actively being improved by the mod team.
    Another good one is the Star Trek Universe mod for Nexus, The Jupiter Incident.

There was also a Half Life 2 mod called The Temporal Prime Directive. It was an Enterprise era mod. I don't know if it is finished yet.

3. lewisniven

lewisniven Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

4. lewisniven

got canned a while back unfortunately, not sure what happened :confused:

5. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for the help, Mysterio! And Lewisniven, I trust you'll keep us updated about your work?

6. 7thsealord

7thsealord Captain Captain

You might be mildly interested in this. I am a fan of the PC/Windows version of the FPS 'Fallout 3', for which there are a VAST number of mods and add-ons. Plus a range of utilities to help one install, use or alter same, or even help make new mods.

(Lord knows, the game needs all those extras. As is, it is very buggy, but a lot of people have spent a lot of time fixing these problems.)

FO3's game area is Washington DC and surrounds, just a couple of centuries after a nuclear war. There are about a dozen Trek mods for the game. Some are modders resources. There are a couple that put in uniforms and weaponry (including phaser rifles and Batleths), and a WIP mod for alien races. Also, there is a 'Guardian Of Forever' quest mod - you get to "time-travel' back to the events of the original 'Fallout' to save History.

There are also many non-Trekkian mods that can "alien things up" so to speak - weird weather, fill the region with palm trees, put a huge ringed world in the night sky, etc..

Check out http://www.fallout3nexus.com/ and run a search there for Star Trek mods. There are also some very helpful people on the forums who can help with further enquiries.

7. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It may be coming back as a Crysis 2 mod though renamed to MACO:)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/na7240

8. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ I wonder how long it'll last. Trek mods that are completed is like finding a unicorn.

9. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

So true.

10. The Dominion

The Dominion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There was a Doom WAD I had where you play as Spock and fight the Borg. The Borg are altered versions of the shotgun guys and you get phasers, but not everything else is altered. There are some good textures and sounds added though. The Ultra-violence difficulty is also changed to Ultra-Vulcan. :lol:

11. dtoliaferro

dtoliaferro Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

There's a fairly new game out there called Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator, and there is a Star Trek (TOS) mod for it.

Basically the game works like this. You start the server, which also serves as the viewscreen. Everybody plays in the same room, and they connect their laptops to it and take on the various bridge stations and you fly the ship around and do battle (with Klingons and Romulans in the mod).

http://artemis.eochu.com/

Here's a video showing off the gameplay.

12. lewisniven

^ok that looks pretty awesome. he hard part would be getting the requisite number of people together, and co-ordinating the whole thing.

13. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

14. teeth_03

teeth_03 Ensign Newbie

There is also Quintet, which is similar to artemis with a more arcade/less hardcore feel to it, it currently doesn't have a Trek mod, but its a non-trek game that plays like Trek.

www.quintet.us

We are in the works of beta testing 20 additional ships for the game.

15. David Brennon

David Brennon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I remember that civ 2 had a fun dominion war mod to it, but thats oooooooooold school.

16. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably not what you are looking for, but...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwny44N90gY[/yt]

17. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

18. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

19. rachel12

rachel12 Guest

Thanks for the help man...

20. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Which current games have the most Trek like feel with their mods?