The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

If Talia, Selena Kyle/Catwoman, Bane, and some villain played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt are all in the movie, they have too many characters already and the presence of Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul would just be unnecessary clutter. I know Nolan juggled multiple villains fairly well before with Ra's Al Ghul, Falcone, and Scarecrow in the first one and The Joker, Two-Face, and Maroni in the second one, but five would be overkill.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nolan has shown in the past, most recently with "Inception" that he can work with multiple characters extremely well. The reason why I think fans complain about the use of multiple villains in past superhero villains is because the director and writers of those films weren't able to make them work. Nolan has shown that he can.

3. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

In my opinion after several viewings is that multiple villains didn't work too well with The Dark Knight. Two-Face felt somewhat mishandled at the end. Also overall I have to say that the mood of the movie was way too brooding, bordering overdramatic, and also some plot points (like Gordon faking his death) were unnecessary.

4. Admiral_Young

I'll agree about Harvey. Then again the original plan was for Harvey to become Two-Face at the end of the second movie and then the third would focus fully on Two-Face. Things changed during production I believe. JA can correct me on this.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

If I remember during the writing process Nolan decided against that idea, I guess he wasn't sure about doing a 3rd movie at the time and wanted it all resloved. There was talk about a planned Joker cameo in 3rd movie until Heaths death I believe.

6. Admiral_Young

^ Yeah that was one of the rumors, regarding Joker.

7. Too Much Fun

I heard suggestions of Batman going to see The Joker in prison to get some insight about the latest villain he's dealing with.

It would be sort of like Will Graham or Clarice Starling visiting Hannibal Lecter. I think that would have been cool. Wouldn't mind them still doing that with The Scarecrow. Let Cillian Murphy go for the trifecta!

8. Admiral_Young

There are rumors that we might see a Batwing along with a redesigned Batmobile in TDKR. Cinemablend has the article.

9. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Will it still be Tumbler-esque? Or more of a sleek coupe? Maybe he can retrofit his Ferrari from TDK. Or the car I always thought looked like a real life Batmobile is a Bugatti Veyron.

10. Too Much Fun

I really hated Nolan's Batmobile design. That shit with it roof jumping in "Batman Begins" was so idiotic. Worse than the Batmobile driving up a wall in "Batman Forever". If there's a new car in the next movie, I hope it's a lot more simple instead of all this silly business like him having to lean down to drive it. I love the batwing. The design in the Burton movies and animation is so classic. If they bring that vehicle back, I hope they don't deviate from the previous designs too much.

11. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

12. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Originally the third movie was going to be about the trial of the Joker.

I second the motion. The character didn't die, so why not use the assets you have?

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Because you have sufficient assets and you don't want to overcrowd the movie, even with such a good actor and memorable character? Too much of a good thing and all that.

14. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Bring on the vehicles!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/19732/batman-to-get-a-new-plane-car

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Plus they want to save him for his own movie -- Batman Begins Origins: Scarecrow.

16. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

It'll be interesting to see how an aerial Bat-vehicle will play into Nolan's realistic universe.

17. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Probably some sort of stealth helicopter? Can't imagine a batwing shaped plane like they had in the Tim Burton movie.

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Particularly considering all the FAA regulations it would violate.

20. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Hopefully it's as realistic as a vehicle that weighs a few tons jumping across rooftops without crashing through them. ;)