About Rascals:

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Kobayshi Maru, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Kobayshi Maru

Kobayshi Maru Commodore Commodore

I don't get why the uniforms shrunk to tailor made proportions after the "anomaly" robbed them of their "aging DNA" or whatever expression Beverly used. I mean, these uniforms didn't have a DNA of their own did they? It would have been more believable not to mention funny if they all had their oversized outfits on.

2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Rewatch the episode. Their clothes don't shrink. It's only after a cut that they are wearing fitting uniforms. ;)

3. Kobayshi Maru

Yeah, you're right I just checked. Funny, I could have sworn they had the tiny clothes on, immediately after the beam in.

4. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought the same way you did; Though they do change into perfectly tailored versions of their outfits so quickly afterwards and spend the rest of the episode dressed fittingly.

5. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^The Enterprise D probably has a tailor.

6. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think though when young Picard goes back into the transporter to return to normal at the end of the episode, the clothes grew with him.

7. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

LOL maybe they anticipated the reverse effect & materialized some uniforms in there as he rematerialized :lol:

It wouldn't be any thinner than the rest of that plot

8. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

No, they don't. I admit it's subtle, but he's actually wearing a bigger uniform in that scene. You can make it out here.

9. Kobayshi Maru

Yeah, it's even more pronounced on (little) Guinan and Keiko.

10. jimbotron

Oh ok. I'm pleased they included that little detail.

11. jimbotron

Time's Arrow Part II was pretty much Whoopi Goldberg's swan song on TNG. Her appearances in Rascals and Suspicions were fairly small.

So excluding Time's Arrow, the child actresses for Guinan and Ro had more screentime than Goldberg and Forbes for the entire rest of the season. At least there were 2 Q and 2 Barclay episodes to make up for it.

12. Kobayshi Maru

We see Guinan, in Generations though, that's even when we learn the name of her species.

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Where they managed to misspell and mispronounce "Time Lord"

:p

14. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would've been OK with it if they just let the transporter magically put the right-sized clothes on everyone. I mean ... the computer does everything else magically, efficiently ... safely. I was even given to understand that the ENTERPRISE-D was actually SELF-cleaning! No sweeping, no mopping, not dusting ... every crumb that falls off of the table is instantly disintegrated. With that kind of service, I'd be kind of surprised if it didn't think to resize a uniform on somebody, so it fit neat and right, before you realised you were even reassembled, in the first place.

15. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Or...ya know...a repilicator that can magically make pretty much anything you would want to wear.

16. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

Look at Ro's sleeves. Definitely didn't shrink the uniforms.

17. Nebusj

Nebusj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or, heck, a transporter with a couple adaptive filters should be able to fit the transportee to anything they might have on.

``Oh, yes, he was just poured into that skant … we're lucky we kept the moulding for his legs.''

18. Kobayshi Maru

Skant-tily clad then...:lol: