The Body Electric just hit iBooks

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by wizkid, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, I am willing to pay a bit extra if that means I don't have to jump through some extra hoops and have to wade through some semi-legal swamps. (As I said above you're violating BOB's TOS every time you strip an eBook of it's DRM, and I'm sure most, if not any other eBook vendor has similar rules in their TOS)

Add to that

... that I'm an Amazon customer for many years now and never had one problem with them.

... that I'm perfectly content with my Kindle and don't see a reason to switch to another brand even if my current device breaks down sometime down the line.

... that I don't need to use a credit card or something like PayPal to pay them.

... that I don't want to give my information to any random website that happens to be a few cents cheaper this week.

... that I don't tinker with my eBooks, cause I yet have to encounter an eBook that was unreadable. (I know for you an eBook becomes unreadable if it isn't in the font you prefer, but not everyone is as anal-retentive as you.)

... that I'm out of my home for at least 14 hours each workday (Commute, work, commute), and don't want to waste time with going through several steps to purchase my books where one step is possible.

... that books are one of the few "luxury items" I buy, so I'm willing to not have to search for what is the cheapest site at the very moment I want to purchase a book.

TL;DR version: Yes, I will continue to buy the overpriced, coded in an obsolete format (another one of your classic remarks IIRC), DRM-infested books via Amazon.

2. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

You do need a credit card to pay Amazon. BooksOnBoard is not just some random website. They have been around for years and are highly reputable.

As for tinkering, sometimes it's a good thing to tinker. Some of the fonts S&S have used with Trek eBooks have been less then stellar for an eink display. Their use of Adobe Garamond Pro is not good because it's too light weight. The same issue exists for Kindle eBooks in KF8 as S&S uses the same fonts.

3. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You don't need one on amazon.de. Not all countries are as Credit Card happy as the US, you know?

4. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

^You need one on amazon.ca as well..

5. T'Ressa Dax

T'Ressa Dax Captain Captain

It may be only 40 cents, but I do wish The Body Electric hadn't already automatically downloaded onto my kindle on Thursday. At full price. At least the next couple of books I ordered from Amazon were lower priced than I'd expected, which makes up for having to pay the full $7.99.

6. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

I would call Amazon and tell them that you bought the eBook at a higher price and now the price has been lowered. I did that when I bought a couple of pairs of headphones. The price dropped and I got Amazon to charge the difference back to the credit card.

7. T'Ressa Dax

T'Ressa Dax Captain Captain

Thanks for the suggestion.