24 returns as limited series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by bigdaddy, May 10, 2013.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

He needs to start drinking tea.

2. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Something I whipped up:

[​IMG]

Chloe would make an awesome Companion.

3. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Hopefully we were watching the same trailer. She looked injured and almost needing to be carried here. I agree about her stare, though.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  4. Locutus of Bored

Chloe always looks like she's injured and in need of being carried, whether she actually is (like this time) or not. That's her default Chloe face.

Besides, her badassery lies not in the physical realm but rather the virtual one, though she can layeth the smacketh down too when called upon:

[​IMG]

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

"Say hello to my little friend!"

6. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

How many of the Super Bowl commercials did it take before you realized it was advertising 24? I figured it out on the second one, when you could hear the faint clock beep in the background. Exciting!

7. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

I saw the first one on Facebook before the Super Bowl, so I already knew the format. No mystery there.

8. inflatabledalek

inflatabledalek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am insanely up for this, 24 has the advantage that, whilst it had its poor patches, generally the quality was pretty high throughout the run so it doesn't feel as much of a tired format that doesn't need to come back as it really should after 8 seasons. Plus, Jack Bauer Vs. Exploding London just screams awesome. Indeed, the only thing that would have made it better if it had been Jack riding a dinosaur rather than Optimus Prime doing it.

if this limited series revival works, I wonder what other old shows might be a good fit for the same format? I certainly think it'd be a better way to bring back (and finish) The X-Files than another film would be. Mind, that's a show where everyone except the die hard fans (like, erm, me) was sick of it by the end so it might not be so eagerly received.

9. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Limited is the BEST way to do 24. Kinda prevents the whole 24 hours gimmick, but they really NEED to write the whole story down before they start filming, otherwise it becomes a mess, and with 3-4 plots that follow up on each other, but don't flow. Rube-Goldbergian-style.

Season 1 was much tighter than follow-up seasons, and by season 4, the wheels really started to come off on that. Just saying the plot out loud is enough to frustrate you, can't imagine the guy trying to plan THAT attack...

By having a shorter run, and more time, hopefully they tighten it back up and tell a good story!

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kidnap the secretary of defense and broadcast his live execution as a diversion to upload a virus that gains computer access to every nuclear power plant in the country which is a diversion to steal a stealth fighter to shoot down Air Force One so you can get the football and launch one nuclear missile at Los Angeles even though melting down every nuclear power plant would've done much more damage in the first place. :p

The first 13 episodes of season 1 were really tight. The first 10 or so episodes of season 4 were really tight until the nuclear power plant reveal.

This show never had enough plot to fill out 24 episodes, which is how you got all these stupid subplots with family members that do stupid things and bring the storyline to a grinding halt, like the psycho daughter who managed to kill herself even though she was the only patient at the CTU infirmary.

12. Locutus of Bored

Hell, even the first several episodes of Season 6 were great until after the nuke went off and they ran out of interesting ideas and it turned into a huge clusterfuck. I definitely agree that the 12 episode format should cut out most of the extraneous crap and make things much tighter and dramatic. Maybe there will only be three moles and one President this time instead of six and two. ;)

13. Aragorn

To save time, Jack Bauer will be both the President AND the mole.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Jack as President. I DARE them to try that.

15. Aragorn

Well he'd definitely have one way of responding to filibusters.

16. Captaindemotion

17. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

18. Captaindemotion

Jack Bauer marries Catelyn Stark and thus the unluckiest family of all time is created.

19. malfourmed

malfourmed Ensign Newbie

Been done. ;)

20. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Saw the add for it during the Daytona 500 to night. all I can say is Fuck yeah!

5-5-14