The Unsung Hero of the Dominion War?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Dale Sams, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Garak. Easily. He manipulated events to bring the Romulans in. And without him The Cardassian Resistance probably would have died out. No Cardassian Resistance, and no Cardassians switching sides.

and yet, the greatest honor he will ever have is probably window dressing as part of Damar's statue. Assuming he even gets that, given his past.

2. The Regent

The Regent Cadet Newbie

I think the unsung hero may be Rom, if it weren't for him, Dukat would've destroyed The Defiant before it entered the Wormhole. Honorable mention goes to Damar, if it weren't for his heel face turn, Cardassia doesn't launch it's full scale insurrection at just the right time due to them exacting retribution for Damar's actions. I loved the scene where he threw his drink in the mirror and the symbolism.

3. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Garak is far from unsong. To us fans that is.

Remember, generally speaking, individuals and their actions are usually never remembered, except for admirals and generals who sit and give orders. The people doing the actual fighting, or people in resistance movements, are never remembered by name. Sad really. During WWII there was a resistance movement in the Netherlands. We remember they excisted, but do we remember who they really were? No. Those are the unsong heroes.

4. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Of course he is unsung, that is the way its suppose to be he is a spy

5. Sykonee

Sykonee Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Morn.

Remember, it was he that got the message to Sisko that the mines were coming down from the wormhole. No message, and Starfleet doesn't launch its offensive in time to retake DS9, thus allowing the Dominion hordes to come through.

6. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One person I'm surprised never made more of his actions was Quark. While he was reluctant to be involved initially he was the one who found out the minefield was compromised and coming down. He helped free Kira and co from the lock up. Given who he is he should have made more fuss about it, I'm sure he could have found a way to make money out of it as well.

7. Loskene

Loskene Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

He also fixed the transmitter that allowed him, Worf, Martok, Bashir and that Romulan to escape from a POW camp and warm the Federation saving DS9, a large chunk of Starfleet and the Romulan and Klingon Fleets.