I miss Picard's speeches!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Romulan_spy, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really liked Picard vs. Armus. He saved his people and delivered a striking blow to an entity that could have killed him at its whim. He defeated evil, literally. :lol:

Similarly, him goading Satie to snap in front of the Admiral was a pretty nice gambit. Kirk can occasionally talk a computer to death, but Picard can defeat anybody.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  3. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My favorite Picard speech is the one from "The Drumhead". Also, his cross-examination of Cmdr. Maddox in "Measure Of A Man" is a thing of beauty. Something about the courtroom setting seems to bring out the best in Jean Luc.

4. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If Picard couldn't make it as a Captain, after his heart transplant, he would've made a hell of a lawyer, I think ...

"No! NO! I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again! The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!"
    -First Contact

5. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

My favorite is when he saves Lwaxana's ass from the Ferengi in 'Menage a Troi". We all know he's full of it, but the writers and Stewart nail turning the hew-mon lack of knowledge about the Ferengi against them. Great scene.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

One of my favorite Picard speeches is from The Measure of a Man.

7. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

Pulling something out of his...er....whatever to stick up for Data is a really close second for me. It's the times that Picard focuses on the needs of the individual over the needs or convenience of the many and delivers a monologue to prove it that really stick out.

8. Runetouch

Runetouch Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I love Picard's speeches. Add the fact that Stewart had a very good British accent.

9. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My favorite is a tie between his cold badassery with Gul Macet in The Wounded. You could see the chill go down Macet's spine, and how expertly he twisted the knife on Satie in The Drumhead. Sent her into a total meltdown

A good oft forgotten one is when he ran down Q with Shakespeare in Hide & Q

10. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

11. Johnny

Johnny Commander Red Shirt

Ooooo! You almost make that sound as if he's putting it on! Blasphemy! :p

12. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Measure of a Man. End of thread.

13. jimbotron

Honorable mention to Picard ripping Wesley a new one in The First Duty, especially since it's to Wesley. You know it's good when the episode title is taken from one of his lines.

14. HaventGotALife

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE084EfLGeI&list=PLufIO1FTWFz8xl7PPuZklleFHQQ3UPMsA&feature=c4-overview-vl[/yt]

:bolian: :bolian: :bolian: :bolian:

15. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Conversely, his down dressing of Riker in The Pegasus was also a pretty solid helping of ass handing

"If I find that trust has been misplaced, I shall have to reevaluate the command structure of this ship

16. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I missed Picard when Archer was trying to make his speeches....

17. jimbotron

Whenever I think about Archer attempting to string words together, I'm reminded about him bitching about aliens being unhappy that his dog pissed on their sacred trees, and threatening to piss on them himself.

18. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I remember having a little epiphany when they did a scene of Archer chewing out Reed in his ready room. I realized that the scene must have been written with Picard and Worf in mind. It would have been electrifying if Stewart and Dorn had done it. In the hands of Bakula and Keating, it was a whining contest.

19. Runetouch

Runetouch Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

No, well, I should have said 'distinct'. Say what you want about us, but no one can deny that we have some of the best accents in the World.

20. HaventGotALife

Frenchman with a British accent. I love it.