La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Harvey, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Joe_Atari

Joe_Atari Commander Red Shirt

My group had a great time at the event; I hope that's not the last time I get to see that lighted TOS Enterprise miniature in person. Amazing!

Seeing Gerald Fried perform was great as well, and as others have stated he was obviously having a great time the entire evening. The story of the guy from Atlanta was great as well. Not only did he fly all the way in just for this event, he arrived way early and I was told he basically hung around the theater taking pictures and meeting the staff. Good of Jeff to give him a shout out in his opening comments.

A couple of things did surprise me though. In spite of reports the event was "sold out", there were still quite a few empty seats. Not sure what happened, but I hope nobody stayed away or was turned away because they couldn't get a ticket online (particularly a fan like the guy from Atlanta).

Watching the episodes was cool (it occurred to me that I had never seen TOS on the big screen with a crowd), but I was surprised that no music from the box set was played during the event (except in the background while the audience was being seated). Was that a licensing / public performance issue? The Elaan of Troyius battle music cranked up in a group setting might have brought the house down.

Finally, I never knew there was a stuffed Glommer! For those who don't know they're available (with "gray" tribble) at Roddenberry.com:

http://www.roddenberry.com/star-trek-glommer-tribble-predator-and-pink-tribble.html

Thanks again to La-La Land, CBS, and all of the organizers for a great event!

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Had a lot of fun at the event last night. The Q&A was particularly good; those things can get out of control very quickly, but the moderation was excellent and the questions from the audience good, too.

3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Dammit, Harvey! This is like the 12th event we've both been to over the last two years and I still haven't had the foresight to coordinate with you to meet up. Next time, for sure!

Glad though you enjoyed yourself!

4. OneBuckFilms

OneBuckFilms Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Quite alright. :)

We've said hello here. :P

5. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Got my glommer in 2010!

[​IMG]
    Glommer awaits by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Just placed my order! I made sure to be at my computer right at 4 PM Eastern/1 PM Pacific, and the site was live by one minute before then. And I just got my confirmation e-mail! Hooray!

7. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Made the order, but I think the site is having a problem--or is it on my side?

8. doubleohfive

9. TREK_GOD_1

Got the confirmation email! Its just an email, but this is so exciting!!!

10. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did we come close to crashing the site? :)

11. Basill

Basill Captain Captain

Got my confirmation e-mail, so it didn't appear to crash while I was in there.

12. Malformed

Malformed Lieutenant Red Shirt

Well, I don't know if we crashed the site but we are certainly causing a traffic jam!

I managed to get my order in after numerous attempts *whew*

It's 4:26 PM and I just tried their homepage again only to get the error999 "unable to process request" yahoo page.

Wouldn't it be something if it sold out on the first day??

13. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ordered! Huzzah! Wheeeeeee!

Now we find out if Spock's last line to Stonn is true!

14. doubleohfive

It'd be a very good something for La-La Land if that happened, yes! And, likely very good for Trek fans because it would signal to the label that there is still a market for Trek music out there, and thus increasing the likelihood of future releases.

So... buy!

15. doubleohfive

When Spock said that last night, the whole theater erupted in cheers and applause.

16. comsol

comsol That Guy Premium Member

Just ordered mine. :)

17. TREK_GOD_1

Personally, I doubt that; there's not a decade I can recall where I did not wish for the release of TOS' entire score, and now its only days away!

18. Malformed

Okay, it's 4:44 and the site is loading fine, so I guess the initial rush has calmed down.

I'm still hoping it sets a record, no pun intended

19. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's terrific! I forget if is was Neil Bulk or Jeff Bond who said "No, it's really better having." :)

BTW, all THIRTY SEVEN samples are up at LLL. So all of the TrekCore tracks plus seventeen more.

What's really amazing is to take the previously released tracks (like Doomsday Machine) and compare them to the existing CDs. It's a big difference!

20. Malformed

Oh goodness! I just cannot wait to hear these babies on my serious stereo in a few days.

Merry Christmas to me! And the rest of you good folks, of course