What class ship would you want to serve aboard?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Infern0, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Me personally I'd like to serve on a Galaxy Class ship, big, luxurious and beautiful.

2. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

From a Trek fan point of view I´d take the TOS Enterprise - I´d just LOVE to walk through those corridors, visit sickbay, engineering, the bridge, etc. and examine every little detail.

Speaking in-universe, I´d probably take the Galaxy class as well - living quarters with lots of space for everyone and the holodecks alone are reason enough to wanna be there :)

Mario

3. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

A Miranda class ship, during the Dominion War. I'd feel so safe.

4. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Definitely galaxy. Exploring the unknown in a 5-star hotel. Your favorite foods appear at a spoken word, your high school crushes available for nooky in the holodeck, alien vistas right out the window. Just keep an eye on that starboard power coupling.

5. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

Looks pretty dated and not so big next to the JJ Enterprise.

6. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

I've got to go with the Galaxy as well, for all the reasons listed by Forbin.

The Galaxy is just about my least favorite class to watch or read adventures about, but for comfort and perks it would be hard to beat.

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Alternate reality Constitution class. Although I'd need to remember to pack sunglasses. Shedloads of action and excitement guarenteed. After all, if you're out in space and exploring new worlds, and you need a holodeck to have any fun, you're doing it wrong.

8. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

LOL!!! :D

Me, I'd go for the Sovereign. Love the design, but also just as comfy as the Galaxy but a bit more modern, uprated tech and no kids wandering the corridors. Don't get me wrong, I love kids. But they have no business on a starship.

9. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

One of four and I'd be happy:

Ambassador - A far better looking ship than the Galaxy and woefully underused in Trek, I've loved the look of her since she first emerged from that temporal anomaly--even all banged and bruised.
    Excelsior - A stunning ship, with a long and impressive lineage (beaten only by the Miranda).
    Miranda - The Ford truck of starships, it hasn't lasted as long as it had without good reason.
    Sabre - I love this little ship and with only 40-odd crew onboard the chance for recognition and promotion would be better.

10. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

POOF! Ha!

Sovereign for me too. Sleek sexy design, reminiscent of the best parts of 1701A and Excelsior. Maybe the Ent-J, wherever that class is... Would be interesting to see and know more about life that far into the future.

11. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nebula class! I just love the look of them, plus they have all the comforts of a Galaxy class.

12. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Ambassador Class for me. I just love the design of that ship.

13. serdogthehound

serdogthehound Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Since I think I would be a Lawyer in any timeline if I was in Starfleet I would be JAG officer on a Starbase. If I was a line officer like a NX-class or earlier like the SS Valiant It would just be interest to see things in that early early era

14. Nine of Four

Nine of Four Commander Red Shirt

Newton type, because they look amazing!!!! :)

15. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Excelsior or Nebula - working grunts of the fleet. Defiant would be a nice choice too.

16. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Galaxy class.

17. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Miranda Class as an engineer.

18. PhoenixClass

PhoenixClass Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Galaxy - luxurious, yes, but more importantly it feels like home to me because I grew up on TNG.

19. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

Andrew Probert's Ambassador Class or Enterprise-C.

It has the best design features of both worlds (i.e. Excelsior and Enterprise-D) and strikes me as the uncrowned queen of space.

Her sleek lines are so beautiful that if she wouldn't exist, it would be mandatory to invent her.

If I were in a spacedock lounge with fellow Starfleet officers and they'd ask me which ship I'm serving on just by looking at her would make me feel proud. :)

Bob

20. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, I'd expect long, boring, travel periods between interesting happenings. In which case it'd be me, Mila Kunis and Elisha Cuthbert in holodeck 2.