Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can see this forum is going to make me very sad.. my VCR is broken and I have no VOY on dvd (I have all of it on video).

I am hanging out for VOY to be released in the cheaper dvd format that TNG is.

Anyway.. I've always been primarily a VOY and DS9 fan though I started watching Trek as a teenager with TOS in the pre-TNG days. I love the DS9 story arcs and the VOY characters. 7 of 9 is my favorite character ever. I know many complain that VOY became the 7 of 9 show after a while and truly I understand that this would blow if you were not fond of her.. but I think she is fascinating and I was in heaven with all those 7 of 9 eps! I found myself thinking of 7 of 9 during a difficult period of my life--her story was inspiring to me.

VOY is also, IMHO, always incredibly entertaining. I remember when ENT began, after watching the first season I got out some of my VOY tapes to watch them. Wow, more went on in the first 5 minutes of a VOY ep than in a whole ENT episode. Fast paced, entertaining, colourful. Yes, cheesy perhaps in part but the characters were wonderful.

2. Joaqin

Joaqin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi, I caught a few episodes a while back, and now I just got the DVDs and I am watching from the beginning. I have the hots for 7 of 9 as I am sure many of you do. It is so ridiculous how they just dropped a tall blonde buxom woman in a skin tight suit into a show so deliberately, its like a big joke. But I think she did a great job with her character.

I got to the 5th episode last night and realized some of the episodes can really stink. Anyone have a list of all the episodes with a rating next to them? I'd like to avoid the smelly ones.

3. TrekNut87

TrekNut87 Captain Captain

Hi everybody! I just signed up last night, but have been lurking for quite a while. I have been watching Trek since I was about 8, but something about Voyager just got me hopelessly addicted and now I can't stop watching.

4. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Welcome. Beware of od0_ital, He's one of the Mods here but he's a Niner :). I'm not sure about Akiraprise but some think he might be a dual. :lol:

5. BajoranMedic535

BajoranMedic535 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello! I'm an old member returning with a new name. And for some reason, I can't remember my old name lol. Anyway, I am here.

About myself, I am a paramedic (volunteer and career) and am going to school for psychology. I am a big Star Trek/Star Wars fan. My preference is Voyager and DS9.

6. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

*waves to all the new VOY Forum posters*

Yeah, I told The Bonz this was a mistake, but she just kept goin' on & on about the "zero mod turnover" in the Niners' Forum...

Ah, well.

Worse - he's an ENT fan!

:eek:

7. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

...and I liked "These are the Voyages." :eek: :thumbsup:

Welcome to all the new Voyager fans.

8. kirk40

kirk40 Captain Captain

Hello everyone. I wouldn't call myself a new voyager fan but I have gotten into the series again by watching it on spike. I'm gaining a new appreciation for the series in rewatching, the characters are good and some of the episodes are really good, I still think the kazon are just lame substitutes for klingons though.

9. DsZ

DsZ Bunny Boy™ Admiral

Don't you joke about something like that! :mad: :p

To all the new VOY fans, welcome! I have to give you the warning I gave everyone else before coming in here: Watch out for Akiraprise, for god's sake! He gets kinda handsy. I know because he once... touched.... my naughty place. *cries*

10. Colonel Green

Colonel Green Vice Admiral Admiral

Greetings all! It's been a while since I tread in this forum, but Spike reruns have brought me back!

11. Udat

Udat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pffft Everyone gets to touch those.... :rolleyes:

12. DostoyevskyClone

DostoyevskyClone Captain Captain

Hey everyone. I really haven't seen THAT many Voyager episodes to be honest but I've seriously been wanting to buy the season sets for over a year now but they just won't drop the prices on them! As soon as they do, I'm going after them - I've always like Chakotay and Paris and am looking foward to their adventures in the Delta quadrant. Plus, I always thought Roxann Dawson was quite attractive.

13. labgeekluvr

labgeekluvr Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Just wanted to introduce myself--I'm new. I've been a fan of TOS and TNG for a long time, and I've just been recently catching up with VOY, DS9, and ENT. Tom Paris absolutely makes me melt--I love Tom and B'Elanna together! I love Kes too--I think she's so adorable. I post a lot over on talk.csifiles.com, and I've seen some posters on this forum that I recognize from over there.

14. tyskkvinna

tyskkvinna Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

*pokes thread*

I'm very new here (obviously.) and I already said hi in the DS9 forum, but I wanted to say hi here too. Voyager is my first love (though not my first Trek) and I recently finished watching them in order. I'd seen quite a few on TV the first time around, but I missed a lot.

I'm not sure what it is about VOY, but I really dig the entire group. :) Partially B'Elanna, and Kes for the most part.

15. Searider Falcon

Searider Falcon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Welcome, tyskkvinna!

16. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

Welcome aboard, all newbies. :D Enjoy the board, and this forum. :thumbsup:

17. new1trekkie

new1trekkie Ensign Newbie

Newbie here. I grew up watching TNG but I fell in love with Voyager. I just found this website and thought that i would stop and say hi. :)

18. Wicca who Wonta

Wicca who Wonta Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome, new1trekkie :thumbsup:

19. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have been a fan for quite awhile. Once Spike started to air the series again, I started to watch it all over again. Feels strange seeing the series after it had gone off air in 2001. But of course its nice.

20. Vertex

Vertex Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Same here, I watched VOY when I was very little, but I loved it then. I had actually started to drift away from trek in general until I started watching again on Spike.

So, Hi everybody!

By the way I'm watching "Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy" (commas?) right now. :) What a fun episode.