Buffy the Vampire Slayer Remake... Without Joss

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Hermiod, May 26, 2009.

1. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

The Master: "BITE EVERYTHING!!!"

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Xander: "I like this school! It's exciting!"

3. Ethros

:lol:

Giles: "Your predecessor was the Slayer for 12 minutes. She prevented the apocalypse. I dare you to do better. Enlist at the Watchers Academy"

4. Skywalker

Buffy: "Seriously, with the talking to me? Not exactly getting the why."

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's a dumb idea, but what are you gonna do? :lol:

6. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

This has got to be the stupidest idea since the one about remaking Spaced. Or McClory's efforts to remake Thunderball (again). Or ... well, take your pic.

To be fair, it is likely to achieve the impossible and unite Whedon fans and haters alike in a total loathing of this movie. So that's something.

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Xander: I suffer from aviophobia. It means fear of dying in something that flies!

Giles: The purpose is to experience fear, fear in the face of certain death, to accept that fear, and maintain control of oneself and one's Scoobies, this is the quality expected in every Slayer.

8. Ethros

*A young girl drives her mothers car over a cliff and is stopped by the police*

Cop: "What is your name?"
    Girl: "My name is Buffy Anne Summers!"

9. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Presumably while listening to Beastie Boys on her Nokia in-car entertainment system.

10. Skywalker

Xander: "High school is disease and danger wrapped in hormones and gossip!"

11. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Buffy: If you don't give me a name, I'm just gonna have to make one up.
    Willow: It's Willow.
    Buffy: Willow? No way! That's totally the name I was gonna make up for you!

I kind of get the feeling we should be quoting Nemesis here, though. ;)

12. Skywalker

Great, you've got Buffy hitting on Willow. Now I'm all distracted.

13. Ethros

Xander- "We've got no Slayer and no Watcher to replace"
    Buffy- "Yeah we do"

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Won't happen...

Only way a movie would be done is with Whedon but I think if he ever decided to go bigscreen with that verse then a joint BUFFY/ANGEL/SPIKE movie would be needed. Only question what would it be called :lol: I guess BTVS is the more common known show.

15. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Please please please please happen!

If only to watch the interwebs BURN!

BWAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!

16. Skywalker

The universe is referred to by fandom as the Buffyverse, and BTVS is seen as the flagship of the franchise (which is kind of annoying, as I think Angel was the superior show). It has more name recognition. You throw out an "Angel" or a "Spike" movie and the average Joe will be like "Huh?"

17. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

Anyone who thinks Whedon is the cats meow here needs to check up on history. When Dave Greenwalt was sharing duties with him their shows were successes both commercially, critically, and creatively. Whedon gets all the credit because it was his creation. But Greenwalt deserved almost as much or just as much credit as Joss did because after he left the shows lacked focus, drive, and purpose. When Joss was put in sole command of The Buffyverse things slowly turned to mediocre crap. Buffy Seasons 6 and 7 had almost more loss of veiwers per average then Heroes seasons 2 and 3. Yet no one was blasting Whedon the same way they blasted Tim Kring. Mostly because Kring doesn't have a leigion of Death Cultists dedicated to his praise and worship. And Kring sucks.

So Whedon by himself is not always a good thing. More often then not, it tends to be kind of bad. Look at Dollhouse. If Greenwalt was involved rather then Whedon I'd have more confidence in it. But neither are involved, so it will probably be just as forgetable as the first one was. That being said, it will still probably be more watchable then the last two seasons of Buffy and the last season of Angel. Because if Whedon was in charge of this thing, you could just ditch the title "Buffy" and rename it "The Spike Movie".

18. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay, once again people don't seem to have even READ that article. Besides being a horrendously bad idea in the first place, this whole thing boils down to the following: They're trying to take the name 'BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER' and do whatever the heck they want with it (no Joss involvement, no existing characters besides Buffy, and possibly no existing mythology).

19. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

True enough. Tim Minear provided much the same service for Firefly.

I'm fairly sure Marti Noxon was heavily involved with those two years. Especially since Joss was developing and running Firefly at that time. In fact, now that I think about it, season 7 started really going downhill right around the time Firefly was canceled. Hmm.

The last two seasons of Buffy did have some issues, certainly. But Angel's final year was great---it doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the others.

20. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can't wait to hear Joss Whedon's response to this. The idea is absolutely awful. Insulting, really. Whoring out the name "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" to a project that has absolutely no connection to the popular cult TV series is idiotic. It makes me upset that Joss wasn't able to somehow get the rights to the show from the Kuzui's back when the show was on the air. The two of them obviously have no idea what they're doing, and are just trying to earn some quick cash by jumping on the Vampire wave re-ignited by "Twilight" (which was just an awful movie, IMO).

If we're lucky, the entire project will fall apart.