The Best PS3 Exclusive Games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr Light, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I finished Uncharted 2; excellent game! Starting 3 now. I'll be sad when I'm done with it!

2. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm glad you fell to your death a few times at least... it's not the full Uncharted experience if you don't hear Sully yelling "NAAATE!" a few times.

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Get a Vita and play Uncharted: Golden Abyss afterward? Buy a PS4 and wait for Uncharted 4? :p

4. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I figured I'd recommend a few PSOne Classics that are available through the PSN as downloadables:
    The Legend of Dragoon
    Chrono Trigger
    Chrono Cross
    Final Fantasy VIII
    Final Fantasy IX

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

My fear for new Uncharted games is the rumor I've heard about a new main character. Drake is the best part of the Uncharted series! If he gets replaced, I'll be sad.

6. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't speak for Uncharted 2 or 3, but both the original and The Last of Us seem to me like Naughty Dog named the difficulty levels a notch too low (Normal should have been called Hard).

7. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I never played the first Uncharted, and from what I've heard, it's definitely harder than the 2nd and 3rd. But I find Uncharted 2 had a good challenge level on Normal.

8. Aragorn

What makes the first Uncharted more difficult is how many bullets it takes to take down the bad guys, and in some situations, unless you make every shot count you'll run out of bullets and become an easy target running to get more. There were times I thought I scored a head shot but the bad guy was still upright.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

After finishing UC3, I went back to the first game because I wanted to replay the whole series. I couldn't believe how much more difficult it was the second time around!

10. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah I have no desire to ever play Uncharted 1 on Crushing again. ;) If I ever play it again, it'll be on Hard. I might do U2 and U3 on Crushing again.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm about a third of the way into UC3 and I like that you often have 1-3 friendly characters with you. Aside from that it's very good but I think UC2 edges it out in story/twists/setting.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, UC3 is fine, but UC2 definitely has the better story.

I really enjoy the world that these games built. Drake is a great protagonist.

13. Owain Taggart

Yeah, UC3 didn't quite have as an engaging story as UC2, plus while it had a number of great setpieces, I was ultimately disappointed with the ending.

That said, one of my favourite parts is the burning mansion. The way they did it really helped immerse you. One of the great things Naughty Dog has done with these games, and they might have done the same with The Last of Us, is that they've created environments that feel quite real, to the point that you grow a certain attachment to them. They feel like they could be real places and not just setpieces for games.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I completely agree with that for sure. There were times during these games, and in "The Last of Us" especially, where I would stop playing just so I could look around at the settings. The scene at the University with the giraffes...holy crap, I didn't want to leave!

15. Owain Taggart

Yeah, and they also make you feel like you're part of the environment. You get there, and in the case of the burning mansion, it starts to fall apart around you. They certainly have a way of you feel like you're living through something, and the urgency of the situations you're in.

16. Aragorn

Did you finish Uncharted 3 yet, Mr. Light?

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Nope I haven't played it in almost a week, had a house guest... I think I'm around Level 11?

18. Owain Taggart

I have to add Two Brothers. It's available on PS+ at the moment. Two brothers go on a journey together to find a cure for their dying father. The entire game is told through emotion and body language. Really good.

19. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah Two Brothers is an amazing game.

20. Owain Taggart

Or more precisely: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. I think it's been called both.