Clarke: Am I In The Movie?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by TrekToday, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Your original quote was:

And I quoted you as:

because that's the bit I still take as a blanket statement.

Because when you say "I'm always in favor of just making the film longer...", it sounds like you are "always" of that opinion and apply that to any film. Always means always, not "in this instance".

2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Therin, I think you've belabored your point about that cherry-picked partial sentence far more thoroughly than it ever warranted. Do leave it be, now, won't you?

3. CaptainDave1701

CaptainDave1701 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My thought is that he is in the move but he does not want to or can not give away his character. Perhaps this is contractually until the movie comes out. We will have to wait painfully and see.

4. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It is not terribly uncommon for actors (and their roles) to be 100% cut out of a film. Below is an article regarding that. The article itself is not as interesting as the slideshow about halfway down the page titled "Actors Cut from Films".

One of the more interesting cuts mentioned in the slideshow was for The Thin Red Line. Mickey Rourke, Billy Bob Thornton, Gary Oldman, Viggo Mortensen and Martin Sheen were ALL cut out of that film during the editing phase.

Actors Cut From Movies

5. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

That is the case for all cast members. As it was last time.

I've noticed, though, that a few minor character names/titles have been added to IMDb, probably the the excited extras and bit-part actors themselves.

6. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Ooh yes, I can't wait to see the breakout performances for 'Deck Crew #11', 'Bar Patron 2' and 'Sexy Girl 1'. I am particularly curious about 'Meter Maid'.

7. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hope to see an Extended Collector's Edition for Into Darkness, like Avatar.

8. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    Which is what they should definitely do for Nemesis.