"Treason" Down Under

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Therin of Andor, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I've just been advised that "New Frontier: Treason" arrived by airfreight in Sydney, Australia, today. Galaxy Bookshop.

2. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

^Very jealous :scream:. I hope you enjoy it... I know I will when arrives at some point next month :drool:. When was MiA released again?...late 2006...early 2007? About time PAD released a new one...

3. Therin of Andor

Well, you realise that PAD's first "Mirror Universe" omnibus contribution, and the IDW comic mini-series, continue several threads from the last time we saw the crews in "Missing in Action"? (Not sure how his second MU story fits in; haven't read that one yet.) So, for people who've been following those arcs, it hasn't felt like there's been a long gap at all.

4. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Quite true. I was really just referring to an actual novel, as it's been awhile since Missing in Action came out. IDW's mini-series and the MU stories did a good job of continuing the various threads from the New Frontier, but a novel starring Mac and his crew is really what i've been waiting for.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Shards and Shadows short story baisically fills in some of the gaps between the first MU story and the comic books.

6. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

I was just at Minotaur (our version of Galaxy) and did not see Treason on the shelves. I'll probably wait until it gets into Borders so I can get it at a vaguely reasonable price. Is it hard cover?

I didn't read any comics aside from the first in the recent series, so it's felt like a very long gap between New Frontier outings.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's a trade paperback. In fact, I don't think there have been any HC's in any of the announcements for the next couple years.

I think the Cruicible onmibus might have been one, but that got cancelled when Marco left.

8. Baerbel Haddrell

Baerbel Haddrell Commodore Commodore

I got an email from Amazon UK: My book is on its way. Maybe I can already start reading on Saturday. :)

9. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Mine, too. I'll probably start it as soon as it arrives. Last year I went back to the start and read all the NF I could get my hands on, everything but the first comic book miniseries. So I've been looking forward to this since I finished the trade paper back of the comics.

10. Therin of Andor

The WildStorm NF was a single issue, not a mini-series.

11. Bob The Skutter

Bloody hell. I assumed from the prices I'd seen for it online meant that it was at least a miniseries. £50 or more...

12. Therin of Andor

Just out-of-print and highly collectible. Search for "Star Trek: Other Realities", which is an omnibus containing "NF: Double Time" plus two other WildStorm ST storylines, but many people find that one for much cheaper than the single issue.

13. Bob The Skutter

Thanks. I'll check that out.

ETA

I just found it for £5... a bit of a difference from the single issue. :lol:

14. nickyboy

nickyboy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I checked my local import book store today in downtown Amsterdam, nadda so maybe next week. I was really hopeful riding my scooter there today that I could pick it up for the easter weekend ;-).

15. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

Back in the States, I'm still waiting for Amazon.com to send my copy...

16. Baerbel Haddrell

Baerbel Haddrell Commodore Commodore

I got my book today! :)

I feel a bit bad because that means I will stop reading "Full Circle" now and come back to it later. So far I have read half of the book and must say, I am very glad that I bought it! It is promising and there is a lot in the book I enjoy.

But my favourite Star Trek is New Frontier and the wait has been too long! I will start reading this evening.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
  17. Bob The Skutter

I got mine today too, but I've been busy with my nieces. Took them to see Race to Witch Mountain, now we're watching Finding Nemo on BBC HD, followed by Doctor Who, then Robin Hood, and Primeval. So I might start it when I go to bed, or tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
  18. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed Race to Witch Mountain! I have not found Treason here in NY yet.

19. Bob The Skutter

I thought it was pretty good myself, better than Dragonball Evolution anyway.

20. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

Converted your smiley, since it was hotlinked from another board. Sorry but the hotlink policy applies to smileys as well as "actual" images.