Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Salinga, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Yep it looks exactly like that. The inside of the paper slip has the disc and episodes listed.

Its funny the first thing I saw was Roger Rabbit. I wanted to get that because its a favorite of mine and it was $9.99. But I have the DVD other than quality I think the content is the same. Than I saw this and had no hesitation.

2. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I think it depends on what country the discs are from.

4. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

It's at 40:10, this shot here:

[​IMG]

5. Beta-Z

Beta-Z Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Silver with black writing is the European version.

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Is it just me or is Troi's make-up really garish this season? It's like someone had the make-up gun set on "whore" (I'm sure someone will get the reference ;) ).

7. GameOn

GameOn Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah I thought it was CGI when watching the episode but I had to check the original to be sure.
    [​IMG]

8. SpHeRe31459

SpHeRe31459 Captain Captain

So I gather that shot from Booby Trap must have been missing. I must say at the hands of CBS-D that CG model is very convincing. The real giveaway is that it looks like none of the models, rather a combination of 6-foot lines with a bit of the 4-foot's extra details.

9. SpHeRe31459

Her makeup seemed as bad or worse in Season 2. I don't think poor Marina Sirtis gets to wear less than a pound of make up until maybe Season 6 or 7. Really all the women were subjected to wearing tons of makeup throughout the run of the series. A big indication of TNG's late-80s early-90s era.

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I think the blindingly-bright lipstick puts the season three make-up over the top. :eek:

11. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While watching "The Price" I noticed that Colm Meaney is listed in the guest credits, but doesn't appear in the episode at all. According to Memory Alpha:
    And it's as of this episode that the interim uniforms are completely replaced. Pretty lame episode overall but hey, it does establish the Gamma and Delta Quadrants for the first time! :)

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Maybe the tons of makeup thing was making a comeback in the 24th centry? Just like how miniskirts made a comeback in TOS era? Have you thought about that? ;)

13. SpHeRe31459

LOL. Well there's always that possibility. Fashion trends do seem to come around again and again in slightly different forms every 20 years or so.

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I think Beverly and Troi (in Starfleet uniform) were at their hottest in season 7 and Generations. They never looked better.

15. SpHeRe31459

Agreed. The Troi "catsuits" actually were a disservice.

16. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I noticed in Survivors, the scene where Worf is talking to Riker about the house after they beam down, you can notice a scratch in the film as Riker turns to walk toward the house.

-Chris

17. cbspock

In the first 3 episodes, you can really notice her bright lipstick..lol

-Chris

18. cbspock

Just finished Survivors, I haven't seen this episode in years. It is interesting that Picard says that the Federation has no laws to fit the alien's crime??? So the Federation has no laws against Genocide????? If that is the case, why did Picard has such a tough time in I Borg??? In this episode Picard didn't know if the alien should be commended or punished? TNG was rife with this moral equivalence non-sense from time to time.

-Chris

19. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Thank god this scene was cut, it makes zero sense. The day and night cycles on a starship are artificial, it's not getting cold or more dangerous, there's nothing you can do on the holodeck at "night" that you can't do during the "day", why would she object to him sleeping there, technically he's not even leaving the "house".

He's a teenager, so if she assumes that the "party" is only an excuse to get drunk and fuck like rabbits she should object to him spending time on the holodeck with friends on principle not just during the night.
    Objecting makes even less sense with Wesley, one of the most boring and responsible "teenagers" in the history of television, he will not be late to flying the ship if that's Beverly's concern. If Wesley were my son I would probbaly drag him to the party and lock him inside "Act your age you responsible, perfectly groomed boy, and stop cleaning up your room every single day, you're supposed to be sloppy and start masturbating!" "Mom, you're embarrassing me!" "Good, welcome to being a teenager!"

20. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

I may be defining it too narrowly, but I think the term genocide doesn't quite cover the eradication of an entire taxon or species. As I understand it, it only covers groups within a species (ethnic, religious, etc.). What Kevin did is more like an artificially imposed, immediate, galaxy-wide extinction event. Looked at this way, Picard would be technically correct that they had no law to fit the crime because as far as he knew nothing like it had ever occurred before.