The 12th Doctor's Wardrobe Revealed!

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Mark_Nguyen, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

That's my take overall. As I mentioned, don't like the pants. But, the top half looks pretty good. I like the blue and general cut. I also like the idea of a Doctor that dresses with a bit of odd flair, yet it's simplified for action.

In some photos, the single botton thing looks odd to me, but it's probably fine when he's moving around.

Mr Awe

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm really wishing now that Smith had stuck with the tweed all the way through. It was fun, and just seemed a lot more fitting for his version of the Doctor.

The 7B look was a little too old-fashioned for my taste.

3. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dark blue on black never looks good IMO. Well, unless you're Black Canary. And a cartoon.

[​IMG]

Actually, if he'd swap the black pants for something in dark grey, it could work a lot better. Regardless, every Doctor has had alternate looks during their tenure, so I'm sure Capaldi will follow suit. ;)

Thing is, that red lining is awesome, but I think he's going a bridge too far to show it off. I mean, he has to deliberately flip that thing open with the top button fastened. Why pretend to be a magician if you look like you're making an effort to show off your tricks?

Mark

4. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Per your Black Canary example, I thought "blue on black" was simply a "four color conceit" to represent "highlights" upon an all black surface. (I know that doesn't really equate with Capaldi's wardrobe; I'm just saying...)

Sincerely,

Bill

5. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree. He is an alien after all. He is trying to fit in while standing out also and at the same time showing his personality. It's not my favorite costume but it will surely match the character.

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Great, now I got a Kenny Wayne Shepherd song in my head.

7. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

New pictures from location shooting are surfacing... Variations are appearing. He's wearing a black shirt for this outing. And it looks dapper indeed - the navy on black is muted in this lighting.

Minor spoilers in the photos, I guess.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-8-filming-the-suits-61701.htm

I'm getting used to seeing a guy with a top button one up without a tie. Actually saw a guy on the street wearing his shirt this way yesterday. I grew up thinking you'd only do this with a tie, so it's still a bit jarring.

Mark

8. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd say that's dark blue as opposed to black.