Star Trek Federation

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by dan_bevan, Oct 8, 2013.

1. dan_bevan

dan_bevan Lieutenant Red Shirt

Set in the Mid 26th Century, the Alpha Quadrant is a peaceful place, Starfleet has since given up it's mission of deep space exploration and seems to have lost it's curiosity of the unknown.

Starfleet Command receives a subspace message from a group of individuals claiming to be Iconians who are thought to have been extinct. They are warned that the Federation faces a new threat called 'The Purge' who are hell bent on destroying the Federation and millenia ago had destroyed most of the Iconian race.

They are given coordinates to a sector in deep space, however there are no longer commanding officers available who are capable of exploration and combat. Therefore a decision is made to develop a clone of a Starfleet Captain who commanded a starship on a deep space mission of exploration in the 23rd Century (during the Kirk-era). He is also very capable in battle as having been involved in many battles with the Klingons and Romulans.

The clone is awoken with all memories and personality of his original. He is first shocked at the news and tells them he no longer wants to be a part of Starfleet and to retire somewhere. He changes his mind when talked around by another man who will become his first officer.

The Captain selects his crew and is given a starship which is equipped with Slipstream drive and takes it in search of this species. They are given orders to stop them at any cost.

The Pilot will be up soon....

2. dan_bevan

As this is set into the future I believe that having a character from an era of Trek that we are familiar with will connect us to this new Trek. We are effectively seeing a whole new Federation through this character's eyes.

3. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

seeing this in the form of this i am really looking forward to reading it.

4. dan_bevan

People think that Trek can't move too far into the future because it loses sight of the Trek that we all know. I think this story will have a good combination of TOS-era Trek and a new Trek. The Captain will be a man out of time surrounded by unfamiliar species however he will run the ship the way Starships were commanded back in the Kirk-era.

5. surak-toc

the premise is amazing, its good that your bring TOS style to a new century story, trek can be anytime anywhen, the time parameter can be used to its advantages, any century can work, its still the trek we know, ship wise i would be very interested if you would resurrected the nx class, a single surviving ship that has been pimped out, the current nx refit that closely resembles the constitution class ship, said ship as you stated having the slipstream drive and other new features.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  6. dan_bevan

Im thinking that Jon Hamm would make a good captain. Very good actor, was great on Mad Men and feel that he has the look i'd be going for the new Captain of this series:

7. dan_bevan

8. dan_bevan

First Officer to be played by Roger R. Cross who played Curtis Manning on 24:
    [​IMG]

9. Angry Fanboy

Angry Fanboy Captain Captain

Angry Fanboy

As with anything, the execution will make or break the concept, which in itself isn't a terrible one albeit one that is a little bit corny but not necessarily in a bad way! :)

I'm put in mind of a world somewhat like the Stallone film Demolition Man where everyone, including law-enforcement has become so placid that they are unable to comprehend or react to a sudden, unexpected threat from outside, thus necessitating a person from the past to help combat it.

Also I would caution against pitching the tone of the story too seriously - the entire 150+ worlds of the Federation being unable to field one suitable starship commander and turning to cloning a man from seems implausible in a serious piece, injecting a little tongue-in-cheek tone makes it more believable in my opinion.

But good luck! :)

10. surak-toc

interesting choices there, cannot wait to see whats next.

11. dan_bevan

There will be other reasons for why they have specifically cloned this man which won't be apparent from the beginning but those reasons will be explained in time. There are a lot of secrets going on which will come out as time goes on.

12. dan_bevan

Another character will be Terix played by James Horan:

[​IMG]

Terix is a Romulan and he is the ship's Science officer.

Since the destruction of Romulus (as shown in Star Trek XI), the remaining Romulans have colonised another planet which is where Terix's wife and children live. He is immensely loyal to his family but is also ambitious and a keen scientist which has brought him to Starfleet.