More than a normal person...

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Jon1701, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay,

I'm seen The Wrath of Khan a lot. I mean, a lot.

More than a normal person. More than a lot of you I would wager (though probably not some of you :D).

I got TWOK on VHS around 1988 and I reckon on average I've watched it an average of 25 times a year since then.

Seriously. Well over 500 times. Possibly more. :eek:

When I was in my teens I would watch it weekly, sometimes twice a week (!) Sometimes every day (!!!). I probably watch it 4 or 5 times a year now, maybe less (now I've got kids and got married) but I never get bored of watching it.

I've seen Encounter at Farpoint a lot too. As a teenager I rewound that VHS until it wore it out. Literally (its not even my favourite episode). I obsess over The Doomsday Machine a lot too.

TWOK trumps them all though.

Too much?

Anyone else?

:D

2. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

^I'd say that's too much.

--Sran

3. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

I've seen TWOK a lot too, though nowhere close to 500 times. Maybe one twentieth of that. ;) I've seen TMP close to thirty times. I've seen all of TNG and DS9 about twenty times, and every episode of the other series close to ten times (I don't skip).

I've seen Data's Day probably more than any other episode or film. It's not my favorite, and it's certainly not the best, but I've always felt it perfectly encapsulated the entire franchise.

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

When I was a teenager I taped every single episode of TNG off the TV. I also made sure to get them on the tape in the order they aired, even though they were syndicated in production order. And I power watched those tapes constantly.

The movie I've seen the most times is Monty Python and the Holy Grail. For like a year when I was 13 I saw it like once a week.

5. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When do you come up for air?

Yeah, my 2000th post. :techman:

6. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

You remind me of another TOS episode... "Obsession". :devil:

7. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Jon1701, are there any particular scenes that you enjoy enough to watch this movie so many times?

I've seen TWOK a lot too, but nowhere near that much. I'd have to say my choices for Most Watched TV Shows would be The Crow: Stairway to Heaven and I, Claudius.

8. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

I've seen it maybe 2 or 3 times. I don't think I've seen a film more than 8 or 9 times.

Seriously, can't imagine seeing a film 500 times, even over decades. Sounds like it must be burned into your subconscious.

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd say TWOK is probably the Trek movie I've seen the most too. But you've got me beat. Hell, this past February was the first time I sat down and watched the whole thing since 2007.

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I saw ST4 about a dozen times in the theater. It and the original BTTF are the films I've seen most often repeatedly.

11. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

I've always preferred the second Back to the Future film myself. The scene in Doc's garage is classic.

--Sran

12. Jon1701

I used to watch the end a lot

"Kirk to spock, its 2 hours are you ready?"

- right the way through to the end.

I'm sure someone has watched it more times than me. I did think it was a 1000, but 500 is the more conservative figure. I've probably only seen it 50 times in the last ten years.

I saw it on the TV in the 80's, taped it in the late 80's. Bought it on VHS in the 90's, on DVD in the 00's (both versions!) and then blu ray a couple of years ago.

To be honest, this is one of the reasons why I hated the death scene in STID. The original is seared into my brain.

Come on, somebody must be able to beat me. I was a geek as a kid, but not that weird.

I went out with girls. I had friends.

*silence*

:rofl:

Just me?

13. Lt. Cheka Wey

Lt. Cheka Wey Commander

The Op needs to get laid.

14. Jon1701

Lovely :rolleyes:

Last time I checked this was a board for discussing Star Trek.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread. It really moved the topic forward.

15. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unless you're offering, best to keep those opinions to yourself. If the man enjoys watching the movie again and again, he's not hurting anyone so let him. :p

16. Jon1701

Thanks.

I did mention I was married with kids. Not sure how I got them. I'll have to check.

Does the stork still bring them?

17. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

Wow, 500 times really is A LOT !!!! TWOK is probably my most watched Trek movie too, followed by TMP. But I don´t think I´ve seen either of them more than 30 times.

The only movies, where I may have reached the "100-times-mark" are the original Star Wars movies.

18. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

I´ve seen that one a lot too, and feel the same way about it. But the episode(s) I´ve probably watched the most is Best of Both Worlds. Usually together with Family, which I think is a great episode as it nicely wraps up the story - and shows Picard from his most human side.

19. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Plus, it's such a cliché insult. If they're gonna diss someone, they could at least put a little effort into it. :)

I definitely haven't seen TWOK that many times...probably 50 at most.

20. Jon1701

If you are going to insult me - at least do it properly...

:lol: