R.I.P Blockbuster

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by PKerr, Nov 6, 2013.

1. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Blockbusters version of Netflix that I had a few years ago was truly horrible. I won't miss them at all.

2. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Yea it was rare to find any good prices there. Got better deals when Hollywood Video was going out of business.

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I used to dig the 5 for $20 sales on Blu-Ray/DVDs when they were around though it didn't do my hoarding habits any good.

4. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

A couple of years ago they added a local Barnes & Noble. It's one of the big ones with a Starbucks attached, and the lot in front has actually been just the right size for it. I go there all the time. Just a few weeks ago, though, they fenced half of it off and apparently are building a drive-thru Panda Express in that space. I honestly can't see why, since it will seem way too crowded and the B & N customers will only have half the space to park in.

We used to have malls too like yours. They vanished ages ago. :p

5. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Same thing happened here. There aren't any good malls around and the one we had ended up exactly the way that one ended up like.… Fountain and all. They closed the fountain back in 2007 due the drought and it was never revived. The one anchor store left in that one is Macy's but according to some rumors not for long. A bit sad.

Would have to go the Northside of Atlanta for an actual mall experience.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Doesn't matter what the going out of business "sale" prices are to people with common sense, when the overall masses will just grab stuff left and right because they think it's a good deal.

I think Circuit City raised their prices before offering their liquidation "discounts" and people went nuts over it, spending a few hundred more for a TV than it would've cost them regular price elsewhere.

7. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Don't get me wrong, some of the prices were okay, but the store regularly had Blu-Rays on sale at the going rate of 4 or 5 for $20 before liquidation. The same Blu-Rays were "on sale" for $10 a pop when I paid the store a visit a few days ago.