most 'Twilight Zone' episodes..

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Khan 2.0, Jul 21, 2014.

1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Yeah, this topic is all over the map. Star Trek, ST Films, Outer Limits, Twilight Zone...now we're on to Superman.

It should go somewhere, I'm just not sure where...

:lol:

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Maybe the Phantom Zone . . . :)

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

SF/Fantasy, maybe, but not Miscellaneous.

But the Superman Returns discussion isn't completely off-topic, since Bryan Singer is developing a new Twilight Zone revival. Although there hasn't been much news about that project lately, so it might be stalled.

4. CaliburnCY

CaliburnCY Ensign Newbie

Sorry for my part in taking the thread further off topic. I'm still learning how things work here, so I don't know if splitting threads is normal here or not, but if a Moderator wanted to split the posts into two threads, I think the split threads could form two coherent lines of conversation:

1) Which episodes of Star Trek: The Original Series are most like the Twilight Zone? Around this, there was also a bit of relevant discussion about The Outer Limits as well.

2) A side conversation beginning with post #5 and continued in its replies (#9, 15, 17-20) about non-fans making films. This is where the TWOK and Superman Returns discussions come in.

On topic, I'm no expert on The Twilight Zone, but I would agree that Spectre of the Gun is an episode of Star Trek: The Original Series that has a Twilight Zone-esque feeling to it. Maybe The Return of the Archons, too.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  5. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I think we'll just send it over to our pals in SFF...

6. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

on the OT, back in 96, I interviewed Brannon Braga and he said he wanted to write Trek a bit like the Twilight Zone. Looking at Frame of Mind and some Voyager I can see it, but including the particle sweep cure for the oddness does tend to undermine it.