‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe that the 'Jenny is a gender-swapped Jimmy' rumor was debunked by the filmmakers.

With regards to Affleck's casting, I'm not really a fan of his because he doesn't usually pick projects that pique my interest, bit he's not a bad actor so I'm not going to call foul on the casting.

2. Dr.H

Dr.H Lieutenant Red Shirt

Ben Affleck being Batman is not something to worry about.

Ben Affleck being Batman directed by Zack Snyder is something to worry about.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

For what it's worth, the script just referred to her her as "Jenny," not "Jenny Olsen." And I didn't try to give her a last name in then novelization.

4. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

She had a last name on her work ID badge and it wasn't Olsen.

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

6. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Welp, I see I was wrong there. But I stand by my statement about the beard. :p

7. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, anyway, back to Batman: I'm listening to Geektime on Sirius and people are calling in complaining that they don't like Affleck's casting, not because of how he'll portray Batman, but because he's too much...a pretty boy…to play….Bruce Wayne?!?

:confused:

Has there ever been a time in Batman history where the whole point wasn't that Bruce Wayne was a foppish pretty boy and, as a result, no one suspected he was Batman?

Did something change in a reboot that I'm not aware of?

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Nope.

9. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ In The Dark Knight, one of Joker's henchmen even calls Wayne 'pretty boy.'

10. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's what I thought. Sounds to me like people with a knee-jerk reaction grasping for straws to justify their geek rage

11. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Affleck wouldn't be my first choice for Batman but it occurs to me; how could he screw up the role any worse than Christian Bale did? Certainly Ben will have no trouble matching the total lack of charisma Bale brought to the role and the ridiculous fake voice. The other thing is that the way Superman and Batman have been written in the Nolan movies, neither role requires much acting talent.

Ultimately, Affleck's grade in the role will be tied directly to the next movie's box office no matter what the fans think of his performance. Honestly, if you loved Nolan's Batman movies, I don't see how the selection of Affleck to play Batman can be that big a problem for you.

12. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Affleck is terrible news. Didnt he say he never want to play a comic book hero again?

13. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My initial reaction to the Affleck news was [​IMG].

But after thinking about it, he might be ok. It will come down to the voice. If he can pull that off, he's good. If he does the Bale dog-barking thing, he's dead in the water.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

14. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

A part of me is very against the casting, but another part wants to reserve judgement.

15. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I read a very interesting article that suggested since this is ultimately a 'Man of Steel' sequel, Affleck probably wouldn't be blamed if the movie under-performs.

I still have to wonder about this news, does Warner Bros. not trust Henry Cavill to carry a MoS sequel by himself?

16. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I think this movie is WB's reaction to MOS not being a bigger hit. It did well enough for a sequel, but not well enough to blow everyone's socks off. The mixed reviews certainly didn't help. They are throwing Batman into MOS2 to create more hype behind it.

17. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

It's also a backdoor pilot for the Batman reboot. Everyone can avoid the blame if it tanks !

18. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WB have just finally realized that they need to work up to their Justice League movie. The ridiculous thing is that Supes and Bats are the two characters that they definitely don't need to set up beforehand.

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

20. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

One of the things I didn't care for was Bales voice as Batman. At times it was alright when he was yelling at criminals, but most of the time it was annoying. I hope ben just does something simple with his voice.