Castle - Season 7 discussion and spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Surprised someone didn't already make the season thread for this show since tonight was the season premiere, so here it is. Anyone know if this is going to be the final season? It's getting up there in years and price.

[​IMG]

2. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Well, that was... something.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

This is getting so soapy. I could do without another show that keeps concocting more and more contrived excuses to keep the leads from getting married. It was bad enough when Lois and Clark did it. Seriously, having Castle disappear on the way to his wedding and then come back two months later with no memory of what happened to him, yet, conveniently, no brain damage? Deeply melodramatic and corny.

Sometimes I wish that the modern trend of serialized storytelling hadn't become quite so ubiquitous. There are some shows that would probably be better off if they skipped the overarching mystery storylines and just focused on the characters we like dealing with cases of the week.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I fell asleep at 9 so I didn't see it et, nor do i really care to. However from the sounds of it I didn't miss anything.

The only excuse I could think of for that mess of a finale was if Castle's dad came back and needed his help.

5. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yea, and the "I can't remember" is more like "If you say anything, everyone you love is in danger."

6. bigdaddy

A d the show got the best ratings it did in three years. Ewww. That means this soup opera bullshit works and they will probably continue it. I'm kind of hoping this is the finale season because Nathan Fillion will tell them no to an 8th season.

7. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't think it was all that bad. It had been worse before tbh. Don't care for the soap crap though, hoping that Castle gets his memory back asap.

8. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

That's what i figured too or he is willingly keeping his mouth shut, maybe it's got to do with Castle's dad's line of work.. that godawful secret agent storyline.

It wasn't as bad as i feared it would be when i read the first comments here though my eyes rolled so hard at last season's finale they nearly fell out of their sockets but as with another show i watch (Greys Anatomy) that had it's share of bad season finales they did manage to pull good stories out of it for the following season and i hope they do that too for Castle.

I am intrigued now and they certainly dropped enough hints to keep everyone guessing.. let's see how long they will stretch that.

Oh.. and Beckett ragetackling that junkyard guy was just awesome! :techman:

9. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Totally agree!

That said, Stana really pulled out the stops this week. Wonderful performance.

10. bigdaddy

The wedding is supposed to take place for real this time probably in November sweeps.

11. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I kind of refuse to believe thats really Castle. After all the crap with 3XK changing faces and the like (And don't forget Pi. What is Pi again? 3.14, or 3.XIV) and Castle acting REALLY REALLY weird after he comes out of it (seriously, watch the ending with them in the bedroom and tell me thats how Castle would handle what just happened).

Now, If I'm wrong and that really is Castle, then this show has done fucked up. Fillion definitely seemed to be playing it off so there has to be something up, I doubt he's suddenly decided "fuck it I'll phone it in" now.

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Lainie did blood work on him when he returned, and probably other tests. I doubt she'd be fooled by an impostor. It's him, all right. But he's just been through a major trauma, and memory loss could come with other neurological issues, so it's understandable if he's acting a little unusually.

13. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hard to say right now, although for me it is easier to presume he just said fuck it i made my money.

14. bigdaddy

Didn't he walk off the set last season because of long days? I'm hoping this season is really the last just because Nathan Fillion has the common sense to say "Seven years is enough".

15. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

My immediate reaction upon seeing the teaser for next week's episode was, "But wait! He's compromised! They still don't know where he was or what he was doing for two months! He's either missing his memory or doing a very good job of keeping quiet. And Captain Gates is letting him work an active murder investigation? What the hell?"

And then I remembered I was watching Castle.

16. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Very good point :lol:. It makes no sense that he'd be doing that.

But again, not much does make sense on this show :p. Gotta throw any common sense out of the window with it.

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The show's never made any sense. Who partners a detective with an untrained, unarmed writer? At most Beckett should already have a partner and Castle would be the tag-along. Then since Castle closes 22 homicides a year (for free), why would anyone on the force ever question anything he does? :p

18. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

That one was explained from the start, it's because Castle was a buddy of the mayor, the mayor was a fan of Castle and wanted go use the good publicity. Castle played that card multiple times when he was about to get the boot but then he turned out to quite the detective himself so Montgomery and Gates kept hom around because he contributed instead of being a hindrance.

Still it stretched believability but then most shows do or we would only have documentaries or reality shows to watch.

19. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

That was, indeed, awesome.

:lol:

Now Castle has Explosive Amnesia... could a long lost Evil Twin Brother be far behind??

:shrug:

20. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I keep thinking back to an episode of Nash Bridges where Jodi Lyn O'Keefe did a nude shower love scene with her boyfriend, and thinking Molly Quinn needs to do the same thing.

Hm? Oh.

Sorry. Mind was wandering there...