THE CROW reboot finds its director

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=76104

I didn't know they were doing this. After they did the original movie they should have just left it alone. Not everything needs to be a series.

2. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

And why does the Crow need a reboot? Each movie in the series focusses on a different character, right?

3. DWMarch

DWMarch Captain Captain

No one wants to watch The Crow VI: Suckfest. The last few sequels have been less than stellar and if a movie hasn't found an audience by sequel 5 or 6 it's time to start over.

4. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

Maybe they would get more interest if the last few sequels hadn't been direct to DVD.

Why not make a sequel and treat it like a theatrical event rather than just the next thing?

Besides, who would want to take over the role that literally killed the last actor?

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    I am not sure they could fill Brandon Lee's shoes...this is why the sequels haven't been great...it was a one time thing that movie...I don't think they will be able to capture that magic again. JMO. Good luck trying though.

[edit] Sadly, Brandon's death added to the mystique.

[add] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crow_(film) I remember when this movie came out and all the stuff surrounding it...doubt it couldn't be repeated...sadly a death added to it's acclaim and no way could they get a soundtrack to match the original...this was when soundtracks mattered. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
  6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's just a name reboot. It won't be Eric Draven. They've gone to the well too many times with The Crow: Subtitle Here. Though no one had any issues with Marc Dacascos playing Draven on TV.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

There was a Crow TV show? :rommie:

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the series lasted one season. The fans seemed to like it.

It was put on dvd and HULU a while back.

http://www.hulu.com/show/141

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Oh yeah...I vaguely remember it now...I will check it out. :bolian:

10. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't bother.

11. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

The fact that they're sill trying to make The Crow now is a little disturbing. Although I guess no more disturbing than the fact I still buy and enjoy Spawn stuff.

12. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Actually, the TV series was very good. Marc Ducascas is a fantastic martial artist and had great presence as Draven. I have it on DVD, and my wife and I enjoy the occasional rewatch. It kind of lost its focus toward the end, but there were some very good episodes.

13. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

^Yeah, the opening arc was very good, IMO. Not as good as the original movie, but good for cable TV standards, like some of the better Highlander episodes of the same era.

14. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if the reboot will be anything like the comic book. Since, y'know, the first movie really wasn't.

15. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why is this being redone? Seriously no need to do so. They milked this puppy dry already and capitized on the death of a human being with 3 shitty sequels and a TV show.

Why is everything made before 2000 up for fair game in the redo department? You're only supposed to get a do over if you mess up the first time.

16. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

If they've tossed Nick Cave's script, I have no interest.

17. Theonethatis

Theonethatis Commander Red Shirt

Same here.

18. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bradley Cooper in talks to star.

Cooper is one guy who keeps getting nominated for some comic book role or other - I can see him as Doctor Strange, personally - but The Crow? :wtf:

19. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I saw that and yeah that is a strange bit of potential casting, especially for Eric Draven. Maybe Cilian Murphey?

20. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I'm just not seeing Cooper as Draven. I'm usually laid back about remakes but this is one movie I really wish they'd leave alone.