Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheBrew, Jan 22, 2010.

1. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Yeah dude, I think you're getting confused with the Cerberus Network. it's true, you can't log into that while not connected. You can play the game however without being online. Trust me. I never connect my 360 to the internet unless I have to and it works perfectly.

2. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, you know I think you're right about the "Cerberus Network" becaue I remember it did say something about that, but I swear it wouldn't let me continue beyond that, it didn't give me an option to bypass it as I recall.

Like I said, it's a moot point now anyway as my internet was up and running. Just found it annoying (along with the installation and startup process).

3. Tomato

Tomato Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finished the game! And everybody survived!!! Yeah me I'm buying DLCs like its no tomorrow game was definately a step up from ME1

4. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just don't buy the costume pack. :lol:

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I haven't downloaded any of the post-release DLC packs that you have to pay for, yet. I'm trying to decide if I want to pay for each individual episode or wait and see if they'll eventually package them all together when ME3 gets closer to release.

I almost broke down and started DLing them and had decided to treat them as adventures Shepard had after...

destroying the Collectors and giving Cerberus/TIM the finger
    ...but then I heard that you still receive the missions from a certain someone, no matter how you chose to end the game, which doesn't make any sense to me. And since I prefer my character's storyline to make at least a little bit of sense, I'm a little hesitant to play the DLC packs now. :lol:

6. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Apparently the Bioware devs figured that people would take forever to finish the main campaign, since the DLC they've made has been designed with a halfway completed campaign in mind. That said, it's worth it to download the DLC, especially if you have multiple characters and/or deal with New Game+.

7. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I haven't got them yet either (Either the desktop or the game is acting up a little at the moment) but I'm going to justify it as him still needing you for the future, not matter how much you piss him off now (and my primary Shep has done quite a bit of that)

8. Docbrown777

Docbrown777 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I only just now bought this game and played it all the way through over the last week and a half.

Sweet.

Although, I have to say I was a bit pissed off at everyone's reactions when I decided not to blow the Collector base to kingdom come and instead saved it for research. Even the Cerberus cheerleader herself Miranda thought I might have made a mistake? What!?!? :mad:

Sure it will make Cerberus and humanity more powerful/dangerous but the freaking Reapers are knocking on the door. We don't have time to be nice and balance the power in the galaxy. We need that technology!

The Illusive man better not screw me over in Mass Effect 3 or else I will hunt down his secret base and kill him myself. Why do I get the feeling that will probably be a mission?

I have to play the end again anyways. Garrus died and he was one of the people I didn't want to lose. It's that disloyal psycho SOB Jack's fault. Should have never picked her to maintain the biotic field.

9. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

/\ Sometimes they die even if you do everything right. I picked Jack for my biotic and everyone survived that part...

10. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

It's about the loyalty missions, if you failed to get his loyalty or skipped over the Garrus Loyalty mission, it's nearly certain death.

11. Docbrown777

Going into the last mission everyone but Jack was loyal (cause I sided with Miranda during their catfight).

Maybe it was random death but I figured for whatever reason cause she wasn't loyal her biotic field wasn't as strong and poor Garrus got hung out to dry.

Jack ended up dying anyways. Which is ok by me cause I don't need psychopaths serving on my ship. If there was a choice I might have blown her out the airlock early in the game. B!tch is crazy!

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I think it is actually possible to unlock the final mission with out actually recruiting some characters at all, though I'm not sure if Jack is one of them.

13. John Clark

There is one character who you can recruit, but unfortunately, is loyal straight away. That one I could have happily seen die during the end mission. I only recruited that one on one of my playthroughs to see what would happen.

14. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The whole millions of years old dead Reaper turning the Cerberus research team into husks thing probably had something to do with that.

Who are you talking about? As far as I know, no one is loyal to you right off the bat.

15. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Yeah, I'm unaware of anyone like that either.

16. John Clark

I'm guessing the person is loyal because you don't get another mission for said person.

Now if I can get the spoiler to work, the person would be

Morinth. I was thinking by recruiting her, you get her loyalty

17. Docbrown777

Here's a question,

Is the guy that does the voice of the Codex the same guy that did the narration in Starship Troopers? I'm learning about the Krogan and half expect it to say "Would you like to know more?"

Edit: No it isn't. However the guy that does the voice also did the voice of the Biff Tannen Museum in Back to the Future 2 (among many other things). Would you like to know more?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  18. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, basically. Technically that is her loyalty mission though... you just gain her loyalty before recruiting her.

19. John Clark

Decided to get the Kasumi and Overlord packs yesterday. The Kasumi pack was a little short, but it had its fun moments. I'll have to replay it as I didn't get chance to study one of the artifacts. (I'm just hoping for a certain quote if you do examine it)

Still got to try the overlord package though.

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Just completed it with my 2nd character from ME 1 a female shepard and I tried the new DLC "Overlord" while I was playing and thought it was far far better than the previous one top notch IMO :techman:.