Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well what gets me about her being "Chun Li" is that while YES she's PART-Chinese, she's not physically very Chinese, even the way they had her made up on the cover, it looked like "Oh Lana Lang from Smallville's going oriental again huh?"

Heck I would even have tolerated some disney youngin like Brenda Song or the gal that played Zoe Chei in Knight Rider.

2. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

That was kinda my impression as well.

:lol:

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I read the first pages of the script for Street Fighter and realized that it was centered around Chun-Li and while she's an okay character it made me avoid the entire thing like a plague unleashed upon an unsuspecting humanity. Luckily not too many were affected since it was quickly eradicated at the box office.

This is my normal viewing schedule of a Smallville season. Will watch the premire to see how they wrap up the previous season and introduce this season's story lines then the second episode to see new characters, and then the third episode filler. Granted last season as everyone has stated was a little different because there was so much change and things were better than they had been in a long time and the same could go for this season as well. Usually by episode four or five I've made my decision weather or not I'm in for the long haul.

4. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I find it sometimes better to watch it in DVD form as at least you can watch everything straight through and pick up on some of the subtle things that you miss when you watch it weekly... and then miss a bunch of episodes. LOL

Finally got through all of "the Kara and Brainiac Season" since really it was more about them. Honestly though, I used to not mind Lana but that season really pissed me off with her character. I mean she's finally gettin' some, she knows "Clark's secrets" and yet... she's still iritable, bitchy and lies all the damn time. I mean geez... you piss and moan and whine like a dentist's drill about "Clark you have secrets and you're not telling me... don't you love me?" and yet here she goes and acts all Mrs. Lex.

Now I'm looking forward to watching last season... hehe I always seem to be about a season behind.

I'm just excited that they'll finally have Clark taking on the dual role. I'm really amazed more people haven't caught onto the fact that Clark is either a meteor freak or an alien by this point. And really he could say "Yeah I'm meteor infected, so I'm super fast and super strong." just to throw people off the scent. Just keep the super hearing, super vision and heat vision under wraps ;)

So really by this point... you have the JLA who knows, Tess Mercer, Chloe, the late Jimmy, Lana, Lex, a number of former military, some mad scientists, a few crazy people, Pete Ross, and more than likely anyone who's even a mile away from the Kent farm...

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

You should have went on the "Twilight Tilt a Whirl"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZWWNXBMRqU
    ;) :lol:

Oh then you won't like this

www.kryptonsite.com/smallvillespoilers.htm

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Son of a TESS!

7. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

BRAINS! NEED BRAINS!!

8. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

"But Clark, you're not a zombie!"

9. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol: ouch.

10. Samurai8472

Chloe- How can we tell Clark is a Zombie?!

Clark- Me No stupid!

11. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Well here's more information:

Episode 9-4: Echo will involve Clark developing a new superpower: Telepathy.

12. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

there is no way that can end badly, and I can think of no TV shows which have done a similar storyline before.

Well ones that are not called, Torchwood or Buffy at any rate

13. Guy Gardener

Would they be pulling this fist season crap if they thought that this was the last season?

they think they're bullet proof.

more so, if they do try to make better, I'm not going to say "good" but better TV, well, that's nt what their fanbase wants.

Fuck you filler!

Tosh and Buffy aside, they're more likely ripping on Matt Parkman and Sookie Stackhouse.

14. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

im pretty sure they did it with Troi on StarTrek:TNG as well.

15. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

I've never thought she was all that hot myself. Would be an without a doubt thumbs sideways in the GBOW. Jut don't think she's anythiogn remotely speical when you compare her to other Hollywood women. Sure, she pretty, but certainly not top tier pretty when it comes to Hollywood.

16. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

:wtf:

That's just stupid.

17. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I would be amazed if it has not happened before, in one of the thousands of comics

18. Samurai8472

[​IMG]

Wonder Twins UNITE!

www.kryptonsite.com/smallvillespoilers.htm

19. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

what good could come of turning into a bucket of water?

unless the villain is scared of buckets of water for some reason

That said WonderTwins could become a spin-off if done right, not so sure about all this talk of tweeting

20. Guy Gardener

They tried to reintroduce the wonder twins post crisis, even though the original precrisis wondertwins were hanging out in the pages of Young Justice, in teen Titans recently, until one of them was eaten by a dog.

Not to long after, they met him in Hell during a "Greek Gods" related mission and he was very bitter about his death.