Nolan now in total control, and Bale will return as Bats

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

here

Who knows how official it is.. but I wanted to share

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't want to see anything that undermines the ending of Rises.

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

From now on everyone from Superman to Wonder Woman will growl when in costume.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I do not believe this. I had seen it reported other places tonight before being here.

If Nolan wanted this Warner Bros would have allowed him with no hesitation to do this a LONG TIME AGO. So for it to be true it would mean he completely changed his mind.

Its is possible.... I guess. I think it would only undermine his explanation for his intentions behind The Dark Knight Rises ending. But within the actual film its very vague. All we actually see is that Bruce is alive and Blake has discovered the Cave. We have no clear ideas of what happens after that. Bruce could resume being Batman and Blake could be his partner. I have no doubt that it was written to be open for multiple theories on what happens next.

Still, it would mean a total change for Nolan. Unless he is just a producer and sees his story complete. But is willing to let others add to it. Like Lucas has with Star Wars.

5. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

This is a load of BS. Not only has Nolan said he's done with superhero movies, he's not going to pull a massive retcon on the ending of TDKR in order to get Bale back in the cape and cowl.

Edit: Anyone who thinks there was ambiguity in the ending of TDKR and doubts that Blake took up the mantle of Barman wasn't paying attention.

6. Nagisa Furukawa

Nagisa Furukawa Commander Red Shirt

Hmm. We'll see. Latino-Review's been right about some things, but dead, dead wrong about others.

This doesn't bother me. There have been a lot better "last stories" for Batman.

If this film has JGL as a Gotham vigilante named Nightwing who joins the JL alongside Wayne and Superman, that'd be 100% consistent with what's actually shown on screen in TDKR, just not what conclusions peopled jumped to and assumed.

7. Dick Whitman

Yes he will take it up but it could never be the next day. Handing him the keys to the cave and access to the suit does not instantly make him Batman. I agree Nolan's ending is Blake will inherit Bruce's Legacy. But it wass Bruce's story not Blake's. So he gave very little details on what Blake will do with it. He could have had a more defined explanation for things if he wanted. That is not to say his intention is not there. It is but in broad strokes not details.

8. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, the arguments concerning Blake and how Nolan's Batman story would continue are not really the focus here. This is about a Justice League movie, and Nolan doesn't have to explain much for that. It's going to be an ensemble movie; all that's needed is just what the Latino Review laid out - the story has a Justice League team being put together, and Batman shows up. No need to delve into the great mysteries of Rises; all you need is Batman there.

It makes as much sense as a man healing a broken back through sheer determination.

And look at Avengers - did we have an in depth examination of where Tony Stark's character had grown since Iron Man 2? No. Tony showed up for the party and kissed Pepper. His personal character arc was an aside that wasn't explored and didn't have to be explored.

9. N-121973

N-121973 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Batman on Film are also reporting it:

http://www.batman-on-film.com/batman-movies_news_Nolan-Snyder-Bale-onboard-JL-WF_3-4-13.html

I've no idea if this is true. I hope it is and if its a Justice League film, bring back Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern. If they adapt (albeit loosely) the plot of the first New 52 Justice League story I can totally see the scene between Batman and Green Lantern being played by Bale and Reynolds:
    "Don't tell me you're just a normal guy in a bat cape!"

If its just World's Finest, how about Public Enemies?

10. Dick Whitman

Public Enemies would mean a President Luthor. Unless Man of Steel has kept it secret Lex has not even been introduced yet. That story would not even work as a first meeting between the two.

11. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Mhmm, even more creativity incest.

12. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

It's good that Nolan was given the reigns over the DC universe.. he is a very good storyteller albeit with a totally different style than Whedon.

IF Nolan sets the JL (or any other DC hero) movies in the same universe as Dark Knight he has already set up events with the the end of Rises to have a believable successor to Bruce and tie in the movies to the greater universe.

Waynes' story is done and i would be extremely dissappointed in Nolan if he gives in to fan or studio pressure and has Bale reprise the role (as good as he was). A cameo or minor supporting role would be ok though.

Let's wait and see... Nolans' DC universe will be quite different in tone to Marvels' but that's a very good thing.

13. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

DC and Warners need to do something different, something in their own style. The Nolan style has worked for them and it seems early reports for MOS say the same. A Nolan verse Justice League will offer tired or uninterested Marvel movie fans something else to smoke on.

But isn't this the same guy who reported that Planet Hulk movie?

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Bale-Batman in a Justice League movie? I call bull.

15. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

16. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

We can get a good indication as to whether this is something Christopher Nolan is likely to do by looking at the things he's done in the past, and everything he's done up to now says that this kind of arrangement happening is extremely unlikely.

Even if WB were somehow able to get Nolan to change his mind and be an 'overseer', there's not a snowball's chance in **** that he'd agree to retcon the ending of TDKR; that's just not how he operates.

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't have been more impressed if it was:

"Joss Whedon now in total control, and Adam West will return as Bats". :p

18. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Batman's already back: he's in Bradford.

19. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

It knowing that he disappeared into the night that makes him a true superhero. Normal people just bugger off.

20. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

If these rumors are true, WB probably offered Warners.. a lot of money to manage their heroes!