The future of Bill and Sookie

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Joe Washington, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

According to an interview with Alan Ball, "Bill and Sookie may go through some rough patches that last maybe a little longer than Team Bill fans might like, but Bill and Sookie have a connection that will never die."

In the books, Bill and Sookie's relationship was doomed to fail and a romance began to blossom between Eric and Sookie. But it seems like Alan Ball may have different plans for Bill and Sookie.

What do you think? Do you think Bill and Sookie should be destined to be together no matter what? Or do you think their relationship should be destined to end like it did in the books?

2. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There ain't no such thing as destiny, relationships are what you make of them.

3. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

I'm able to separate the books from the series. In the series, she's had a string of other partners ... Bill, Eric, Quinn, the weirdo were-... uh, others. Sorry, almost spoiled some peeps. lol

Anyway, she's had other lovers. Whether she and Bill are the final pairing or not, I really don't care. Whoever Sookie ends up with, it'll be the right person. Whether that's a human, or even someone from this universe.

4. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmm...Just as long as they don't string it out like Clark Kent and Lana Lang for 7 years. She loves me, she loves me not BS, ya know? Although I'm not really interested in their relationship moreso than the overall grander story itself. What are the Queens intentions? Where's the Fellowship of the Sun at now? Who's the antagonist gonna be next season? Those kinds of things. The relationship aspect is kind of just there.

5. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think they're going to set up the Sookie/Eric thing, but it's probably going to be against her will since she drank his blood.

6. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

What the fuck is that way of calling a couple "Team ..."? :wtf:

7. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

It originated with the whole Jennifer Aniston/Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie thing.

8. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

Eric? Really? I realize chicks have a thing for cocky douchebags, but come on. He's pulled too much crap for that to ever happen IMO.

9. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

You'll note that she's also consumed Bill's blood before. Several times in fact.

Personally, I find it interesting that after such a small amount a single time, Eric's influence over here is treading on Bill's with ease. A bit telling, too, if you assume her true feelings might be influential in the matter.

Do we really know if she's truly in love with Bill, or was it just a mild infatuation that blossomed because of his blood? Either way, the tiny amount of Eric's that she's consumed shouldn't be affecting her nearly as much as it is, comparatively speaking. Unless you want to throw in the age card, but I doubt that has much to do with it. Especially considering the volumes of blood we're talking about.

10. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Eric is such a dick, though.

See, that's how it would be in real life. Nice girls falling for undead a-holes.

11. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hear it way too fucking often used with the crazy ass fans of Twilight so I'd rather just see "Team blah" representing some kind of 'ship following disappear completely from our lexicon.

ty.