Star Trek Into Darkness Synopsis Revealed!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by StarTrek1701, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This sounds awfully like heart of darkness. Someone from the hero's own organization, betraying what it stands for and a manhunt into a war zone.

2. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Terror, war zone, weapon of mass destruction, enemy from within...seems like a commentary on humanity of the last decade or so.
    Especially given Orci's love for 9/11 or Kennedy assassination conspiracy theories.

Anyway, it's just a synopsis.

3. Pondslider

Pondslider Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Maybe, but there are plenty of ways they could change Khan's story to make him a part of Starfleet. The "one man weapon of mass destruction" is so vague I'm not even sure what it means. Like I said, I'm not saying Khan is in the movie. I don't think he is, but I don't think anything is more clear after this synopsis either.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Ho-hum. Sounds like a hundred and one other action thrillers.

5. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

For Friendship I am guessing it will be the kirk and mccoy friendship.Maybe McCoy will get fed up with Kirk recklessness and support a decision to get Kirk removed from the Captain’s position.

As for love been challenged I am guessing it is the spock/uhura relationship. May be he is willing to ditch her to help rebuild the Vulcan race or someone else caught her eyes and vice versa.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe it is Kirk and Spock's love which is challenged.. to the DEATH!

7. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

I have a feeling that this movie will be the equivalent of the dark knight in the science fiction universe. If and only If it turns out to be a fantastic film

8. teacake

I hated The Dark Knight so I sure hope not.. oh wait, everyone else loved it so if it is that popular with the public that can only be a good thing.

9. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

lol ...that funny.

However I seriously doubt that JJ and his crew will give into the needs of the slash loud minority. This is why fanfiction exist. People can write all sorts of fake stories about two straight characters been in a sexual romantic relationship on paper but the actors, director, producers and writers gives us the real thing on screen.

Besides... Frodo and Sam or tony stark and bruce banner are more likely to smoosh than kirk and spock

10. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

That synopsis sounds so....blah. To say it in Picards words "Does anybody remember the time we were explorers?" (or something similar). This doesn´t sound like "strange new worlds" at all. More like ANY generic action / thriller thing. I had high hopes for the new movie and was really looking forward to it. But this is really pushing my buttons in a negative way.

11. teacake

ALL of these people are getting it on.

12. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

I must say the dark knight is my least favourite of the three films, I lovd batman begins,I didnt like TDK as much because I felt that the Joker was too perfect and he made the Gotham police officers look quite dumb and unrealistic. Havey Dent and the Rachel chick were just plain annoying.

I loved the dark knight rises. Selena aka catwoman steals the shows in the film and she and Bruce looked more real as a couple than him and Rachel ever did.

However I am fully aware of how the superhero fan boys worships the dark knight. So maybe star trek into darkness will have the same effect as the dark knight did in the science fiction community if it turns out to be a great film.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  13. teacake

Awww.. that actually elicited a brief emotional response in me.

:(

14. teacake

I loved Batman Begins.

I hated The Dark Knight so very much I did not see the next one. I hated it because it was incredibly, excruciatingly boring.

However. I don't think ST:XII will have anything at all in common with TDK other than having the word Dark in the title :D

15. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

What I mean is that the science fiction community might immortalise star trek into darkness as the greatest science fiction film ever, the same way the superhero community has immortalised the dark knight as the greatest super hero film ever.

So yeah star trek into darkness might become the equivalent of the dark knight in the science fiction world.

If and only if it turns out to be a superb film, However it will be though as the film will have to have like a 94%-97% on rotten tomatoes and score ateast an 82/100 on Metatcritc.

star trek 2009 had a very high critical reception despite many TOS fans hating on it. SFX magazine did name Star Trek 2009 as the best science fiction film of the last decade.

So....we will just have to see what Into Darkness delivers.

Then there is box office, the first film made 386 million dollars, Hopfuly the second film will
    make at least 500 million dollars.

I am personally hoping it makes at least 700 million worldwide.:)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  16. teacake

This will not happen.

It is very unlikely that ST:XII will have any of the edginess of Blade Runner or District 9 or the pop newness of Logan's Run or Total Recall when they came out. It's not going to be weirdass like Donnie Darko. It's not going to break new ground like the original Planet of the Apes. It's not going to tap into the cult waters like The Quiet Earth.

It's just going to be REALLY great Star Trek.

And that will make a lot of money and make a lot of fans very happy.

17. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

In all honesty I think it could. The first film is already considered as one of the best if you go by its critical reception. Also no one ever thought that TDK will have so much impact and no one ever thought that the star wars prequels will turn out to be far from fantastic and very inconsistent.

Into Darkness might just be one of the best. Of course we will have to wait for the new star wars films.

however like most people say, star wars is fantasy not science fiction.

18. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

It's sounds to me it's Gary Mitchell or khan stealing the genesis device that starfleet and the federation created and giving it to the best villains of the Star Trek franchise the Klingons !!!!

19. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

And it says summer 2013 !!! And it's a may release that's not summer so are they putting the film back to June or July ???

20. teacake

This better be a terrible mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.