Did Replicator Rations Quadruple ater The Void?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Guy Gardener, Jan 10, 2013.

?

Janeways says:

1. More rations for everyone!

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Suck it!

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They traded tech with a species that gave Janeway Replicators four times more efficient than the Starfleet brand Replicators which they were using.

After 5 years of minimum subsistence, would it be greedy to believe that the crew deserved to not be running on empty if Janeway thought that it might be better to put the extra power into the phaser reserves or the warp core?

Captain Bly much?

Or did the crew just get to go balls deep with the opulence, avarice and extravagance leaving their replicators running creating spare cheese all night?

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Either way, Paris would be running a floating craps game in Sandrine's, with rations as the stakes.

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always wondered if holographic booze gets you drunk. If you're hung over can you just leave the holodeck and it goes away? Think of the possibilities here!

4. Guy Gardener

Alcohol gets you drunk, there's some debate about what synthohol does.

Deanna taught us that you need a special pass code, or significant rank, or it could have even been her medical qualifications attached to her jacket, to be able to replicate real chocolate with real sugar.

It's not a giant leap to assume that the lower ranks can't replicate alcohol, sugar and almost of other substances deemed to be unsafe or outright lethal to mean humanoid congestion, that in the here and now are seen as recreational.

Yes.

The Captain can replicate crack cocaine if she wants to.

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cocaine laced coffee... this would explain Janeway's addiction.

6. Guy Gardener

I feel positive in the sheer fact that she only believes that the timid clutch Coffee has on her life is "addictive" is why it's a certainty Kathryn has never had cocaine.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I always figured synthehol was like Nitrous Oxide, gets you quite high but within a few breaths the oxygen breaks it down and it's all out of your system in moments. Also you need to chug quite a bit to really hit intoxication, you're just buzzy for normal drinking speed. And when the red alert sounds by the time you're out of the door to head towards your station it's out of your system.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  8. Guy Gardener

I saw an explanation similar to that in a novel once.

9. teacake

It has to do something or why pursue it.

10. Guy Gardener

They're straight edge.

They like the taste of fake meat and fake booze.

Wussies.

11. teacake

I bet their kids are inhaling death sticks though, trying to break out of the Federation inertia.

12. Draculasaurus

Draculasaurus Commander Red Shirt

Also, anything you eat, disappearing would create a vacuum, causing a "backwards fart", and probably sucking the seat of your pants in with it.

13. Guy Gardener

They'd have to grow their own tobacco, because replicated death sticks will not have any of the good stuff in them, and even if they smoked outside I can still see fire suppression drones floating about everywhere looking for fire related danger, besides, even if you grow your own, half the yummy stuff in a cigarette is added on purpose as preservatives.

14. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
    LOL your threads are always so funny,but to answer the question yes of course they did,it was said so on screen:p

15. Guy Gardener

I knew my numbers were off, but I'm tired, so tired, I'm tired, tired of playing the game, ain't it a crying shame? I'm so tired, God dammit I'm exhausted!

They were in an extraordinary situation. And in this situation no one persons rations increased. Policy on the other hand, after they got out, would have been up for debate, unless Kathryn made an executive decision, no one had the balls to question.

16. teacake

But is the power uhh.. stored? If you can feed 500 people with half the power and you decide to reduce their rations does the saved power save somewhere for a rainy day, ie having to replicate huge slabs of the ship.

17. Guy Gardener

They already got a rainy day fund which is why crew were struggling so hard that they had to eat Neelix's cooking rather than waste recplicator rations in their room.

Besides, their rainy day fund also tripled.

However the excess power can be moved to the other areas of the ship that aren't replicators, but between topping up the phaser reserve with the crews expected raise of gruel and fresh shirts, or the replicator rainy day fun which just increased threefold, it doesn't seem like a difficult choice?

If they doubled replicator rations, Voyager wouldn't need a Morale Officer.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013