The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Not sure if anyone has seen this, I absolutely love it.
    [​IMG]
    This is Sideshows Ben Kenobi Mythos statue, which posits an image of Ben Kenobi between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. What’s really rad about this particular statue is that the two swappable heads are two different actors. There’s an older Ewan McGregor head and a younger Alec Guinness head.

Here is the link: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=200108&ref=learnmore_200108

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Yep! It's gorgeous, too...I wish I could afford to get it right now because it's the only SW collectible ever made to show the morphing transition from McGregor to Guinness during his 20 years of exile on Tatooine.

It ranks as one of my all-time favorite statues from the franchise. The resemblances to Ewan and Sir Alec are mind-bendingly accurate all things considered. Perfect tributes to both actors, especially the late Sir Alec.

3. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I just got my Notice about Captain America as well. Now I'm pondering going back and getting the First Avenger version as well. Might as well have a complete set....MAN THIS IS SICK!

4. cooleddie74

Hey kiddies!

Got a Five Below discount store near you? Collect Star Wars figures?

Check it out, you scruffy nerf herders! :cool: :drool:

My area doesn't have a Five Below, but good luck if you do and want to score some plastic piggy goodness!

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Closest one to me is apparently 200 miles away. So, nope.

6. cooleddie74

My closest Five Below is 86 miles away in the city of Lynchburg. I'd love to grab me an armful of $5.00 Gamorrean Guards, but it's not cost effective to drive almost two hundred miles there and back and then pretend like I just saved a buttload of money on the figures.

Maybe TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Ross stores will get this wave assortment at some point in the near future. We have all three of those chains here and within easy driving distance.

7. cooleddie74

Look how small the brand new 2013 Jango Fett Slave 1 is.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlGFKbWIFzc[/yt]

It appears Hasbro's recent cost-saving measures are starting to make 3.75" scale ships and vehicles smaller and less accurate. This is the smallest 3.75" scale Slave 1 to date.

The sticker "sheet" with just three tiny stickers on it gave me a good chuckle.

8. OdoWanKenobi

Yeesh, that is tiny! The paint apps are very flat and basic looking as well. I still have the Slave 1 from way back in the Episode II movie line. I think that one still holds up pretty well. It's certainly a better version than that one.

9. cooleddie74

I'd have just repainted and repacked the 2002 Slave 1 in a brand new green Yoda box. It might not be perfectly to scale, but it's a lot closer than this one is and has a better deco treatment and paint job than, as you put it so well, the flat look of the new and smaller 2013 ship.

10. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Is that the full sized redo or the mini one? I was under the impression there were two versions of Slave 1 coming between now and next Toy Fair.

11. cooleddie74

If there's a full sized Slave 1 planned for 2013 I must confess it's news to me. The only words and pics I and others have seen of a new or newish Jango Fett ship to coincide with Episode II 3-D is the one seen above. I guess it's possible Hasbro leaked something and I didn't see or hear it (it happens from time to time) but as of the last big fair or Celebration VI this was the only Slave 1 that was announced and shown.

I wish they'd rerelease the bigger, more accurate 2002 ship and just repaint and tweak it a little like they did with the Podracers and other vehicles for Episode I 3-D. Stick it in a new green Yoda box. Most of us won't care.

12. OdoWanKenobi

Hot Toys Hawkeye is here! KM, try not to faint.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All of his arrowheads:
    [​IMG]

Black Widow: "Have you been hitting the Pym Particles again, Clint?"
    [​IMG]

13. cooleddie74

I love how Darth Vader and Rainbow Dash are lurking in the background of the second and fourth pictures.

Heh.

14. OdoWanKenobi

Heh. That's because I set Hawkeye on top of my desk to take the pictures, and my desk just happens to be covered in action figures. :D

At least you can have absolutely no doubt that these are in fact my pictures, and not stolen from someone else.

15. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

WANT. Oh, my God....WANT.

And LOL at the last pic. Clint as Goliath! :guffaw:

ETA- with the shades on, he really does look like Jeremy Renner. Did they get his ass right? :p

16. OdoWanKenobi

I'm just gonna let you be the judge of that one:
    [​IMG]

I cannot believe I just took a picture of an action figure's ass, and it was Hawkeye. When Black Widow comes out, I'll need to balance things. :p

17. cooleddie74

Meh. It's a cooleddie thread. Face facts, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

:)

18. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Yeah, that looks pretty accurate for an action figure.

That would make a great signature.

19. OdoWanKenobi

:lol: Haha. I have been sig'd.

And yes, the posting of a toy ass was probably inevitable. I mean what I said though. When Black Widow comes out, prepare for more ass shots! Maybe not for Captain America, though.

20. cooleddie74

Awesome news...my friend called from his shop right after opening half an hour ago and told me that he got hold of a brand new Vintage Collection (VC105) Emperor's Royal Guard from one of the online assortments! :) :cool: If I want it it'll be $16, which is a little bit more than he normally charges me for brand new Vintage Collection figures but this is from an online case assortment and these last 12 figures are gonna be a lot harder to come by because nobody's going to be carrying them at retail.

I think I'll bite. I don't mind having another Royal Guard.