Captain America: The Winter Soldier pre-release thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm picturing the post-credits scene as Cap dropping by to visit Iron Man who explains he's working on creating a new robot named Ultron, and we end on Ultron booting up and his eyes turning red.

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah if Stark creates Ultron and Downey Jr is willing to appear, that's what I had in mind. Strucker just isn't exciting enough to tantalize in a post-credits scene.

Of course it could be another Thanos scene.

3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or Michael Douglas. ;)

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Now that we know there was an old Ant Man in the sixties, maybe he invents Ultron after all and has a small cameo in Avengers 2, and Iron Man takes the failed Ultron plans to "improve" them and creates the real deal?

5. Hugo Rune

Hugo Rune Vice Admiral Admiral

This is an extended interview with Ed Brubaker (mostly about his 5 year writing deal with Image Comics), however he does make some big comments about The Winter Soldier and its style/scope.

As he has (in my eyes) been the modern Captain America/Winter Soldier writer, his comments excite me greatly. I think the style of the film has connected with him as much as the fact that its a character very close to him, but also because this appears to be an espionage/thriller, a style of comic book he has been churning out for years with great aplomb (Criminal/Sleeper/Gotham Central).#

Have a read: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01...ade-out-and-the-winter-soldier-at-image-expo/

Hugo - still not sure about Falcon yet though...

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Spoilers!

Hydra! Double Agents! Strucker?

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think might be the wrong link, I only saw stuff about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

8. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

Let's be honest with ourselves though... you say that in your eyes he's the top Winter Soldier writer, but he's really the only one, having created the concept. I love Ed Brubaker, but this movie is essentially adapting a story that he wrote. It's nice that he likes what he sees, but I'm going to take his opinion with a slight grain of salt since I'm not sure anyone could approach this situation with out some sort of blinders.

9. Alidar Jarok

To be fair, there are plenty of creators who think a work fails to live up to his version and hate it. It's a good sign he's in the love category even if he isn't unbiased.

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

11. Alidar Jarok

Interesting. It gives some idea of the movies that will fill the blank spots before Avengers 3.

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Let's play the great "What IF?"

Say CA:TWS performs incredible well, record setting well for the month of April.
    Would Marvel then have the stones to make Captain America 3 the Marvel Untitled film for the May '16 slot?? Versus the MOS2/JLA/Bats-Supes flick????

13. Alidar Jarok

I think one of the two will move even if they do want it to be around then. It would just mean less profit for both even if one "wins."

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I hope this is an indicator of the film's quality; Marvel must be quite pleased if they're already talking about bringing back the Russos. Honestly I'm just glad there will be some sense of continuity. Aside from Iron Man 2 (andthe forthcoming Age of Ultron) this will only be the second MCU film directed by the same people, IIRC.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This news does help my confidence in TWS. Not that I wasn't confident, I'm just more confident now.

16. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

It's certainly encouraging. Who would have thought that one of the corniest of all the well known comic book characters would end up having some of the best films of the bunch?

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah. The Cap movie was probably the Phase One movie I was the most unsure of before I saw, but it actually ended up being one of my favorites.

18. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

19. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

ScarJo is in it as Black Widow.

20. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

There's a poster for the UK that combines the other posters into one multi-character poster.

And you can tell that they shouldn't have been combined into a single image, because now I can't figure out what Black Widow is looking at or why Nick Fury is looking over Cap's head or where the illumination is coming from.