Literary Treks

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Enterpriserules, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

I have to finish The Never-Ending Sacrifice then.

2. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just subscribed and listened to the first two. Definitely enjoyed them! A great way to start the morning on my far-too-long drive to work. I thoroughly enjoyed the interviews, especially as I'm an aspiring writer myself so it's fascinating to hear their processes and techniques. (I haven't actually read most of Vanguard or Kirsten's VOY books yet, but I still found it interesting anyway.)

But I gotta say, the TyphOOn thing really made my suck my teeth and say "Ooh, nononono...." Especially as you were talking to one of the actual authors of said series at the time... :scream:

Please keep going, I'm looking forward to the next one!

3. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

AWESOME!:bolian: Nice to see so many authors willing to talk about their work.

4. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

We are too, we want to give them a place to come and talk about their work. It is an honor to have them on the show!

5. Enterpriserules

We are recording with Una tonight and will be talking Brinkmanship!

6. Patrick O'Brien

^Awesome, as that is the book I am reading now:)

7. Enterpriserules

We had an amazing conversation! Can't wait for y'all to hear it in a couple weeks :)

8. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Any chance of having Peter David on?

9. Enterpriserules

I'd love to have all the authors on at one point, so working hard to get as many on as possible. Thanks for all the positive response with out support from the listeners, authors wouldn't want to come on.

10. KQuita

KQuita Lieutenant Red Shirt

I have to say that I think you guys are really onto something here. Between Yesterday and today I listen to the first 2 podcasts and feel the need to show my appreciation for the work you are doing. The quality of the Podcast is just 1st class. I especially enjoyed the 2nd one with Kirsten Beyer, the work she is doing on Voyager is great, but one disappointment is that were only going to get one new book a year it sounds like. Dayton was fantastic in his turn. I look forward KRAD's appearance. Make sure to wring every tidbit of Klingon info out of him. I really wish that they would reintroduce the Klingon Empire series, I loved it. I follow Keith on Facebook and hear of all of his works in progress and it's so very disappointing that he is not doing any new Trek.
    :klingon:

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not usually one for petitions or things like that, but I'm almost tempted to start ones for bringing David McIntee and KRAD back to TrekLit.

12. Enterpriserules

Thank you for this! We are working hard to make this as good as it can be. KRAD was wonderful and Una was so much fun as well, so there is a lot coming up. And on top of that, we will talk Ongoing comics!

13. KQuita

KQuita Lieutenant Red Shirt

I've thought of that myself, I would definitely sign that petition.

14. Patrick O'Brien

Sign me up too:bolian:

15. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Another vote over here.

16. Enterpriserules

17. Patrick O'Brien

Just finished the KRAD interview, another great job guys:bolian: I downloaded the Articles of the Federation book as a result:lol: Lot's of interesting insight. It is too bad he is not popular with current Trek editors, as we are missing out on a superb Trek author. I hope to see Keith return to the fold one day. Keep up the great work Trek FM team. Looking forward to the Una interview.

18. Enterpriserules

Hoping to have Una out this weekend. We had a fascinating conversation about Cardassians and her new book. I am really glad that you are are enjoying Articles of the Federation!

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Brikmanship or her The Fall book?

20. Enterpriserules

We talk Brinkmanship and her new book for "The Fall" series. Now we only talk TF a little since so much is still shrouded in secrecy