X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Have you not seen "True Blood"?:drool:

2. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't but that's my point. :p

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Rogue's a brunette with a white streak in the comics and also one in films.

4. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

It sounds like she was just a glorified cameo anyway, so not too big a deal. And now I won't have to get weird about how different Rogue looks now. ;) (Seeing as Anna herself has changed quite a bit since her X-days.)

5. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Saw this yesterday and was disappointed to hear it.

6. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I want to just say "oh well, shit happens". But I can't help thinking how The Wolverine pulled the same stunt - showing us a scene in the trailer only to cut it out of the movie and save it for an extended DVD. It's like this is becoming standard practice.

7. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

From HitFix:

8. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the practice of shooting a multi million dollar film without having a finished script is to blame here.

9. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

It's like everybody is George Lucas these days.

10. Noddy

Noddy Captain

To be honest, folks, the news that Paquin is gone has kind of sunk this movie for me. Probably won't see it now. I know Singer has apparently said she understood his reasons, but I can't help wondering if there was some kind of disagreement between them, and that's the real reason her character was deleted from the final cut.

Oh well, that's the end of that then....:(

11. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

A practice known in some circles as editing.

12. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

Characters get cut from movies all the time; it's part of the business. Morena Baccarin's scenes in Serenity were trimmed almost to the bone, for example.

13. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

But then it wouldn't matter WHEN these scenes had been shot in the production.

14. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I'm not sure what your point is supposed to be. They shot something early on that wound up getting edited out of the film because they found that it didn't work as they edited the film together. That's how these things are made, and more directors should learn how to exercise such judgment (*COUGH*PETERJACKSON*COUGH*).

15. Noddy

Noddy Captain

I've heard that if Rogue does appear, it'll just be a brief background shot with no dialogue. Which, if you ask me, is even worse than not appearing at all. Personally, I think this is a bit of a kick in the face to Rogue/Anna Paquin fans.

16. Noddy

Noddy Captain

Yeah, at this point, I doubt we'll be seeing Rogue again.

17. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

So the film is ruined for you because of a character who by all accounts had only one scene in this film got cut out of it? Granted she was (at one point) an integral character in the film series, but all that was thrown out when Ratner ruined her character.

Besides, I'm more interested in Ellen Page's role in this film, I've always been a bigger fan of Kitty Pryde than I have of Rogue in the comics anyways.

18. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only way can get her game back is if they run with the permanent absorption of a super-strong character with the whole split personality thing. That's not going to happen unless they revisit the 'original' team again and the clock is ticking until after 2016!

19. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

It was 3 scenes, all of which made up a single sequence.

I agree with your larger point, though; it's really silly to vilify Singer because of something that happens on films ALL THE TIME.

20. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's like some people have absolutely no idea how movies are made.

Do they think that these scenes were filmed after the movie was put together specifically to create a deleted scenes section for DVD releases or something?

To think she's cut because of bad blood really is an immature analysis of the film making process.

This really can't be helped. The trailers are created LONG before a final edit is put together, there's no way to know what will be on the cutting room floor so early in the game. This has pretty much happened since they started making trailers. Even the Star Trek movies weren't immune to this! (The TNG trailers especially)