Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I love the "Emerald Arrow" moniker!
    Now that was a fantastic episode, I want more.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Emerald Archer.

3. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

That was a good cliffhanger. I can't wait to see how Ollie gets away from a dozen guys with guns.

He needs her right there.

I like that they dealt with this secret identities issue but couldn't he have just kept the life of a playboy and had Felicity working in the batcave like Lucius Fox? Seems like a better solution.

Felicity's outburst also had me thinking of another thing... What did she do before? Whatever it was didn't seem all that high profile.

4. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To do that he should have sold his 50% to Black Canary. Then he lives of the cash and funds his team. The point was that he needed to take over Queen Consolidated as part of his character development and to atone for his mother's involvment in the Undertaking. So he needs to be in the office, and he needs Felicity nearby.

I like it because it lets us see her walking around in a tight dress instead of just sitting at a keyboard, and we get new banter.

I took from her outburst that she has a degree in IT. From her level of smarts, possibly an engineering degree. She needed more than a programming background to figure out how to disarm the earthquake device, for example. She preferred her IT job because it was what she was trained for. At the time it was her dream career, and being an Executive Assistant was certainly not her dream.

5. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I ran out of show.

:lol:

Seriously though, it would be a lot more fun if I had someone else to chat with during the live show. It's admittedly a bit strange to be doing a one-man commentary.

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Maybe you could watch the whole show and then make a post about what you thought of it?

7. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Kind of defeats the intent of a live commentary. He was hoping he would get replies to his comments during the show from others also watching.
    I wouldn't call that spam...

How much time has there to be between posts before it seizes to be spam? ;)

Edit: Allthough he could have edited his original post until getting a reply. :D

8. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought this week's episode was just okay. I was expecting more from China White and Bronze Tiger. The highlights were the cliffhanger ending and Alderman Blood. I'm glad that at least they left the door open for Tiger to come back. Hopefully he'll get more development as time goes on. I also hope that they eventually put China White in a white suit like in the comics; if for nothing else, it would help differentiate her from Black Canary.

9. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

So, Felicity is Ollie's Pepper Potts now. Good for her. Maybe she should go watch the Iron Man movies. Then she knew that she will become CEO once Ollie steps down to pursue his superhero career fulltime. ;)

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

As I expected after watching the Season Two sneak peak, Laurel's new obsession with taking down Arrow is getting old really fast. Still, it was a decent episode.

I also find myself looking forward to the island flashbacks more and more as we get into the series.

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lot of grouches lately, I'd join you but I just haven't been able to get into this show. I tried the last episode after a long spell but it just doesn't click with me.

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

When the camera was approaching her from behind, I thought she was Black Canary.

Never thought of that.

13. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The dumbest thing about this episode was the FEMA trucks bring in medical supplies without the National Guard protecting the shipments. That made zero sense.

14. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Not to mention they were making the deliveries in the middle of the night, as another poster has already pointed out.

15. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Thanks Mr. A! I appreciate the thought, though to be honest, I think from now on I'm just going to DVR the shows I like and watch them later, due to time constraints. Bummer though, you couldn't get into Arrow - I still think it's got potential to go for several more seasons.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed this one overall, but I do have to agree with some of the issues you guys brought up.
    Bronze Tiger was definitely kind of pointless. I'm not familiar with his comic book counterpart, but I'm assuming he must be pretty cool since people seemed to be excited to see him on the show.
    I do agree Laurel's hatred of The Hood is annoying. I can understand he being upset he wasn't able save Tommy, but given everything that was going on, and everything that he'd done before that I would think she would be a little more understanding.
    I read up on the comic book version of Blood, so now I'm very curious to see where they're going with the character.
    I thought the cliffhanger was pretty cool. Yeah, we all know he's going to get away, but I thought it was still a great place to end the episode.
    I am curious to see what's going on in the Island story.

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

She's not resentful because he wasn't able to save Tommy, she's resentful because from her perspective, he didn't even *try* and essentially left him to die to pursue his own personal vendetta.

In one fell swoop she's lost someone very close to her and was betrayed by her own personal hero. It's not at all surprising that she's in a vengeful mood.

18. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Just caught up with the first couple of episodes. Really enjoyed them. I like the direction of the show and how GA is toning down his violence, I'm also liking the follow-up to the tragedy in the Glades. It's only two episodes in, but I'm a bit disappointed that Thea has so far been relegated to 'worried girlfriend'. Hopefully she'll get more to do soon.

19. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

What made even less sense is that they found drivers willing to drive the unprotected trucks, if someone had told me to do that I would have told him to suck it.

I hate Laurel, she's even worse now than she was in season 1, are the writer's making her unlikable on purpose? Has she caught Andrea Syndrome from the Walking Dead?
    Why exactly is she blaming the vigilante? Because he walked away? What was he supposed to do, use his magical healing powers? And why did she think Tommy was more deserving of his help than everyone else in the Glades, hundreds died, thousands were in danger and she's pissed because the vigilante didn't drop everything to help the one guy she cares about, can you be more self centered? :scream:
    If it wasn't for her and her inability to get her ass out of the glades or at least the building Tommy wouldn't even have been there.

It was a good episode that suffered from too much Laurel, can they please get rid of her?

20. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Laurel was such a bitch to Ollie in Season 1; now she's being a total bitch to Arrow. But if Arrow reveals his secret identity, I'll bet she'll let him bang her again.