Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Well, it sucks to see it go (its easily Marvel's best book, and trhats coming from a Marvel fan) but hopefully whatever he's up to next will be cool. The worst thing is that a lot of these characters that I really like will probably just go to comic book limbo. Maybe Polaris and Maddrox will get small roles in the X-Books, like maybe Polaris will go to the Jean Grey school, but I can easily see M, Layla, Longshot, shatterstar, Rictor, Wolfsbane, etc. just dissappear for a long time.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

What was the reason for Havok's departure from X-Factor to lead the Uncanny Avengers? Or was he not on the book? I haven't read the new incarnation (by new I mean the last decade, lol)

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Captain America told him that he was up.

Totally political.

4. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Havok was breifly in X-Factor with Polaris after they returned from space. It didn't go well (since Maddrox is team leader and Havok was trying to butt in). Storywise, I think he left after it was obvious it wouldn't work out, and later (after AvsX) Cap recurited him. Polaris stayed with X-Factor. This all happened very far into this current X-Factor's run, most of it Polaris and Havok were in space (and comic book limbo) and had nothing to do with this version of X-Factor until their return from space.

5. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I hated Wasp hitting on Havok last issue. Uncanny is just not an entertaining read right now.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I would love to see Rahne and Dani Moonstar reunited in Fearless Defenders. In fact, my biggest complain about the most recent run of New Mutants was the compete lack of almost any acknowlegement of Rahne, not even from Doug, who once sacrificed his life for her (Only when talking about comics can you make a statement like that). Dani and Rahne were closer than most because of the psychic link they shared when she was in wolf-form, and yet, it was like she was never even a part of the team, let alone a founding member.

7. Guy Gardener

She flirts with everyone.

The original Avengers were her on personal meat factory, but only Tony Stark was a #### enough to actually go on a date with her.

Has anyone ever asked about the Wasp and Cocaine or heroin?

"FASHION INDUSTRY"

Jan gets home from a hards days work of Ultron trying to mate with her, to unwind with her model friends night clubbing.

The Wasp miniseries I want to see is a classic era Wasp set during the first Secret War and she's trying to figure out how to ration her remaining smack, until she finally starts into withdrawls... Like Charlie from the first couple episodes of Lost.

Cocaine would definitely explain the worst examples of her personality.

Last Month's Hawkeye.

Mocking Bird, Spider-Woman and Black Widow were all wearing civilian street wear based on their super hero costumes which is what Jan said that she wanted to do as a new line from her label to Alex while he thought he was in.

Was that issue set in the future, or does Janet turn Superhero costumes into her personal art projects all the time?

8. Turtletrekker

Uhm, actually, yeah, she does.:lol:

9. Turtletrekker

10. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jan changes her costumes ever time the wind shifts. All those old costumes probably go straight to Good Will. There are economically disadvantaged people all over Manhattan dressed like the Wasp.

11. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol:

12. Guy Gardener

I remember Jan forcing Simon through a fashion montage at one point in the 90s... or the Impossible Man's scavenger hunt to capture al her old costumes in a New Mutants Annual.

(I am so slow)

Secret Wars is when Janet had her affair with Magneto.

Blink skew blink... She's Havok's mother in law almost.

Didn't they refer to Rogue as one of Magneto's "floozies" in Uncanny Avengers last week?

Maybe because he's an old guy, and old guys always have a couple bottles of prescription meds on their person, that's why Janet hooked up with a 60 year old?

(No, he'd been turned into a child, raised by Moiria MacTaggart as her son, and then grown back into a 40ish year adult by that point, so she wasn't stealng from the grave completely.)

Who was the next person on her list of would be dealers?

Doctor Doom?

He is after all a Doctor.

13. Turtletrekker

If it's the time I'm thinking, then it couldn't be in the 90's. I'm thinking of an early Bendis issue of Mighty Avengers, the second arc with Doom.

And those costumes were the same costumes that she tried to convince Luke Cage to consider in an issue of Alias!:lol:

Of course, it's possible, even probable, that she has done that to Simon more than once.

14. Guy Gardener

I stand corrected.

15. Turtletrekker

So, I picked this up for a, dare I say, "fantastic" price? Cover price of $125, and I got it for $30.

[​IMG]

1074 pages. Included are Marvel Team-Up 61-62 Marvel Two-in-One 50, Fantastic Four 209-218, 220-221, 232-260 and Annual 17 as well as Avengers 233 and The Thing 2.

It ends with a cliffhanger ending of sorts, with Reed still missing having been arrested by the Shi'ar for the "crime" of saving Galactus, but I also have the "Trial of Reed Richards" trade collection on my shelf, which, of course, completes that story. :)

16. Guy Gardener

You could kill a dog with that thing.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's one hell of a collection.

18. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's an outstanding price for that Omnibus Turtletrekker

I forgot to mention that Jonathan Hickman was asked at the Marvel Now to Infinity panel the status of S.H.I.E.L.D. and he basically stated that it is still happening, it's just delayed for now, but it'll return. I'm guessing when he has time to get around to it.

19. Turtletrekker

^As I understand it, Hickman is not the cause of the delay, but rather Weaver keeps getting pulled onto other projects.

In any event, I'll be glad to see the story finally finished. Although, I may have to re-read everything up to this point.

20. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Yep. Dustin Weaver is becoming an in-demand artist...didn't really know who he was until "Avengers" (haven't really read S.H.I.E.L.D. yet so didn't know he was working on that). His artwork has been outstanding.