New Star Wars animated show "Rebels" coming fall 2014

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Booji, May 20, 2013.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Technically the banking stuff didn't show up until AOTC.

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

As much as I love the SW universe, I can't say I've ever been remotely curious to learn about the trade and banking customs that exist there.

Perhaps a few paragraphs devoted to the subject in one of the novels would make sense, but it's certainly not something I'm dying to see in a movie or animated series.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed them. They weren't amazing, but there was still some interesting stuff in them.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    They were decent Clovis episodes if that says anything. We've all seen much worse out of the series, and at least we got to witness Anakin's anger and jealously provoked, further foreshadowing what will happen to him at the conclusion of the wars.

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Trailer preview:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=quZ3fmA3rws[/yt]

6. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'm sure I'll get used to it as part of the art style....but does it bother anyone else how they've made the TIEs sort of squat looking compared to the movies?

7. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe the cramped TIEs explains the Storm Troopers squashed helmets.

8. cooleddie74

Meh. I'd have gone with depicting the fighters with more movie-style proportions but I'm liking what I've seen thus far.

9. davejames

I wonder if we'll see any X-Wings in this. I've never been very clear on whether those were built specifically by the Rebellion to fight the Empire, or if they were older ships from before ANH that were fixed up and re-purposed because they didn't have much else.

Either way, I think it'd be awesome to see them again.

10. cooleddie74

Yeah, the Y-Wings were leftover relics of the Republic era and the Clone Wars but I don't think we ever got a definitive, canon answer as to when the X-Wings were constructed by Incom and if they were strictly made just for the Rebel Alliance. Or did Incom even build them in the first place?

11. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given that pretty much the entire EU is now a mercurial thing, I can see a completely new origin for the beloved X-Wing.. At least we got the Headhunters in Clone Wars, so...

Mark

12. davejames

Well there was that vaguely X-Wing style ship in the prequels and TCW, so I guess we're supposed to assume that eventually evolved into the X-Wing we see in the OT.

13. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

They were made by Incom. Developed under the Empire then the design team defected.

Basically the development is ARC-170 (CW) -> Z-95 (Headhunter) -> T-65 (x-wing)

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  14. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seriously? I am fascinated by it, because $$$ always seems to be a huge part of war.
    The amount of it included in the prequels' story (not a huge amount) was satisfactory to me.

Not really a spoiler I guess, the new ream of Hasbro 4" Rebels figures include a very familiar looking Sith lord in black armor. Love it. Absolutely going to eat this show with a garden trowel. Some of the other figures here (names are hard to read) might be spoiler-y.
    http://www.jedinews.ca/popup.aspx?imgpath=/images/news/articles/SWR_preview03.jpg&pageTitle=Star%20Wars%20Rebels%20Hasbro%20Sneak%20Peek

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't take Vader's presence on that chart as any indication that he'll appear in the series since it seems to include a mishmash of characters from across the two trilogies. Including ones that are dead by the time of 'Rebels' or still living on a Tatooine moisture farm/hermitage or in a Dagobah hovel.

That said I don't doubt he'll show up sooner or later.

16. cooleddie74

Great to see Obi-Wan will be making at least one appearance on Rebels if that picture chart is accurate. Given the alleged time frame of the new series (perhaps 10 years before ANH, maybe a little less), that would place Obi-Wan at roughly the halfway point in his transformation from Ewan McGregor to Alec Guinness. :)

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The add is for the Saga Legends line, which includes characters from across the whole saga. If you look it appears to include a ROTJ Luke Skywalker (second from the left on the second row down) and a TMP Darth Maul (third from the right on the third row down). I think it's just including the Rebels Logo as a marketing for the show.

18. cooleddie74

Definitely not. I've seen the Mission Series Yoda vs. Sidious two-pack of figures on a cardback with the Rebels font and colors, so it appears Hasbro is mixing things up (outside the premium, collector-focused Black Series lines) by letting many movie and Clone Wars characters get packaged with the design template for the new series.

Apparently the current Saga Legends and Mission Series packaging featuring Darth Vader and lava will phase out and be replaced by the Rebels style of cardbacks and boxes, leaving the more expensive and articulated figures in the revamped Black Series design, which will start sporting the shape of a TIE Fighter Pilot's helmet.

19. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

One says "REBELS OBI-WAN KENOBI".

20. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Full trailer:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_soLH5MWGOg[/yt]