Season FOUR OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Savage Dragon, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

TARGET S4 Deal Alert!

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Nice! Which Target ad did you see the deal in?

4. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Note that Best Buy normally will price match with the ad, so you can take it in, get the deal AND any exclusives they may have.

5. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ There are no Best Buy exclusives for Season 4

6. Savage Dragon

I'll still take advantage of Best Buy's price matching. It's a lot more convenient for me to get to than Target.

7. trekker670

Ah, thank you. I couldn't remember if there were or not.

8. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow, $63 for both. That's even better than their season 3 deal. I think the BOBW release was $15.

9. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

Keep in mind that many Target stores will only receive one or two of each of the two Blu-ray sets - last time around several stores couldn't honor the deal because they didn't have both Blu-rays available... and Best Buy will not match a double-discount deal very often, that's just a matter of luck.

10. Borjis

Borjis Commodore Commodore

aye! picked up S3 the morning it was available and they only had 2 on the shelf after I grabbed the 3rd one.

11. trekker670

I didn't know this was their policy. I've never had them bat an eye, as long as I show them the ad, they do the price match and then do a separate discount on the overall order.

12. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

I really think it depends on who handles the order. If they go "by the book", I've been told, they shouldn't.

13. Savage Dragon

Even if Best Buy doesn't honour the extra $10 it'll still be worth it for me just for the convenience. I'd have to at least take the subway to and from Target so at best I'd be saving $5 by going to Target instead of Best Buy.

14. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

Or you could just order them from Amazon - which will price match Best Buy like they have for every other release - through the TrekCore links! :techman:

15. jimbotron

Yup, I knew Target did that sort of thing. I went to Target last time at 8AM, and found three copies of each. I'll be doing the same thing on 7/30.

16. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They may price-match Best Buy but they won't price-match Target's deal. Or at least they didn't last time.

17. jimbotron

TrekCore posted several more shots from Season 4, and they look INCREDIBLE.

The shot I asked about - Enterprise at McKinley Station - actually looks pretty good. Just *slightly* overlit, but since it's in the sunlight, I can forgive that.

Modern Video made the Enterprise look much better in this shot:

http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/images_s4preview2/tngs4-preview-galaxyschild2-hd-large.jpg

One of my main issues with the late seasons was them dropping the stock ILM shots for the lower quality shots of the 4-footer. With CBS-D making it look feature quality with their new compositing, it's gonna feel much better.

18. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

MV's attempt at matching CBS-D's visual style worked out really well, would quite like to see their finished phaser and transporter effects too. Also judging from the Starbase shot MV were supplied with the completed stock shots so hopefully there isn't any crap similar to this or this in Season 4.

19. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

Like TrekCore, I thought this new shot looked particularly nice, so I expanded it to 16x9. For those of you who'd like to use it as a desktop or game console background, here you go -- now you don't have to crop it to make it fit! Just click on the image below to take you to the full size version:

[​IMG]

20. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Nice job!