Khan #2 Review

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Villordsutch, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Villordsutch

Villordsutch Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello all. Here is my review for Khan#2

[​IMG]

Full review available here - http://villordsutch.com/idw-comics.html

2. Noddy

Noddy Captain

Ignore, please.

[Note from mod: This is just referring to Noddy's own post not the thread :) ]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2013
  3. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Or do you mean, the writers aren't writing the story exactly the way that you expected?

I just read #2. Seems perfectly fine to me. How much detail in young Khan's rise to power were you expecting to see? The Augments were trained, planted in crucial places the world over, and they pounced when ready.

4. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed Issue #2. If I had any complaint its that Khan came off as a bit of a cold fish. Of course that's more in line with Into Darkness Khan but I was hoping to see more of the charisma of Space Seed Khan.

5. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was a bit workmanlike to cover off various plot points but it's nice to see how the Eugenics Wars fits in the fictional timeline.

6. Hando

Hando Commander Red Shirt

I wonder, how come that Alexander Newton is sitting in the Oval Office at the White House, if the had nuked Washington DC.

7. Anika Hanson

Anika Hanson Captain Captain

I enjoyed #2 as I enjoyed #1. Pretty decent back story so far and its interesting that they will address why NuKhan looks different to prime Khan. If only they would do the same for TOS Klingons and latter series Klingons.

8. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

You haven't see Star Trek: Enterprise, have you?

9. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Did you miss ENT's "Affliction" and "Divergence"?

And JJ's Klingon markings are quite similar to those of Colonel Worf (ST VI). Qo'noS is a large planet.

10. Noddy

Noddy Captain

I'm kind of curious to know how the White House is still usable if Washington has been nuked.

11. Anika Hanson

Anika Hanson Captain Captain

Not yet. I tried watching it twice in the past and didn't get far. However I'm watching it at the moment and have made it to season 2 which is further than I've ever got before. I shall look out for the episode. :cool:

12. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

While I didn't think it necessary to explain the Klingons, the explanation on offer is decent. Same goes (so far) for Khan's appearance. Didn't need an explanation but the comic story line has been decent so far.

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Well, given that Benedict Cumberbatch is on the cover, it's probably reasonable to expect that the portrayal is going to reflect Into Darkness more than "Space Seed." :)