Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Originally the Black Canary was just a martial artist. She didn't get the Canary Cry until she joined the JLA.

The second Speedy (Mia Dearden) was a girl.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

"My name is Speedy... This is a speedball, gosh... it's like fate or god is talking to me, telling that this is a good idea, like destiny or shit."

The sister was playing a 15 year old a decade ago on the O.C... Forever young. She'll still be playing a teenager well into her 40s.

3. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

I'm really starting to like this show. It's pretty interesting sorting the good guys from the bad guys. We know Mom is on the bad side but is her new husband? Or is he clueless?

And did Mom really hate her own son enough to let him get killed on the yacht? Is she that power hungry? Or is Oliver not really her son?

4. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Give Oliver's reputation as a rich philander I don't think he was really the target - merely collaterol damage and the father was the real target. Now her concern is what Queen Jr might have been told but if she thinks he's clueless she might stop trying to kill him for a while.

And put me down as another who's a bit perturbed by the level of potentially lethal force.

If they are shooting at him then yeah they are fair game but killing them to make an entry but then I guess it's one way of making sure they don't stop you on the way out.

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

She was actually on The O.C. between 2006 and 2007. And today Willa Holland is 21 so the age gap (between Willa and Thea) isn't all that big.

6. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

They already mentioned biotech and applied sciences, in comic book terms that means they can do whatever they want, just give Dina a special choker that sends out ultrasonic waves and is activated by her scream. You can do a lot with fake technology and still pretend your show doesn't have superpowers.

Maybe she didn't know he would be on the yacht, that might explain why she shut down after the funeral, she planned her husband's death and loosing her son was truly a shock.
    Or maybe she had nothing to do with it, whoever killed her husband could have shown up on her doorstep one day telling her "Your husband wanted to turn on us, now he and your son are dead, do what we say or you and your daughter are next!".
    She really doesn't seem like she's the mastermind behind what's going on in Starling City, looking at Oliver's list a lot of people are involved, the yacht "accident" might have been a method to get the remaining Queens back in line. She still orchestrated her son's kidnapping and risked his death, but what if the alternative was that the conspiracy would have killed him just to be sure he doesn't know anything?

I really don't want her to be so evil that she would try murder her son. Doing bad things out of desperation would be much more interesting and would work better if they want to keep the

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed the second episode. I can't really think of any specific comments at the moment.

EDIT: Thought of something. I have a feeling that the sabotage of the yacht was to kill Oliver's father and Oliver was just collateral, but now she's afraid that Oliver knows something she doesn't want him too.

8. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

She's very likely not the mastermind, but I have no doubt that she's "evil" and that Oliver was one of the intended targets of the yacht murder. The main point seemed to be focused on getting whatshisface into the CEO chair, which wouldn't have happened since Oliver (apparently) would have wound up in that position instead if his father died and he was still running around. I mean, he seemed to think that the reigns would be handed over to him as soon as he was ready, which is the whole point of him pulling a Bruce Wayne by pretending to return to his irresponsible and carousing self of old.

9. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Two episodes in, I'm still iffy about the show. I'll continue to watch because I do see potential there, but I want them to make better use of the villains. They've pretty much just ran through two Drakon and China White (especially White) that could be season-long villains. Granted there's nothing that stops them from coming back to the show but I don't think their introductions were so good to make the average fan see a need for them to come back. They were treated like run of the mill villains.

Hopefully the show gets better in building anticipation for Arrow's villains from the comics and of course delivering on their promises.

I like the supporting cast. I'm not into the lead actor that much. He's ripped, but his acting doesn't do much for me. I'm hoping that gets better over time too.

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

China White will be back. Kelly Hu has film three episodes already (including this one).

11. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^ Good news!

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Glad to hear it.

14. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

15. Guy Gardener

That article is badly phrased at the end, placing the word "fired" so bloody close to the stars name, that for a second, I thought that they were recasting the lead. :)

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Well, that episode was 10 kinds of cool! And the preview for next week name dropped Bludhaven!

17. Eduardo

Eduardo Captain Captain

I thought it was pretty bad, even disregarding how they wasted Deadshot.

18. Guy Gardener

Not finished yet... Markovia.

That sets up Geo-Force and Terra, which sets up the Teen Titans, and the Outsiders, both of which presuppose Batman.

One word.

Just one word, and look how the dominoes fall.

:)

19. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Not bad although I am getting a bad feeling that the villian of the week is far to easy to beat. Nice to see the Canary get into a little action and the reveal to the bodyguard had to come sooner than later.

20. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

I am enjoying this show, but it feels weird. I don't know whether it is the music, the narration, or how Oliver's face never changes at all, but something feels off.