The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

^^^
    Maybe that's just the photo. It might look purple compared to someone with a red one.

Eh, I still prefer the original Mara Jade figure over the newer ones, but this one ain't bad.

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I like that one. Whole lot better than the piece of crap from the comic pack a few years ago.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I have the Comic Book 2-pack figure that came with Luke. It was fine for 2007 or 2008 but even then she wasn't anything amazing. It was just a superior figure to the Expanded Universe one that came out near the end of the nineties, that's all.

This one blows all previous Mara Jade action figures away and then some.

4. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This one?

[​IMG]

5. cooleddie74

The original 1998 figure had a good looking outfit, but she just didn't do much for me at that time. Perhaps some of it has to do with me not being into most Expanded Universe characters back then, but aside from being really, really hard to find in stores and a challenge to track down the original figure just didn't offer a whole lot for me.

She was the best figure in the short-lived EU line, though. A lot of people say the Darktrooper or Spacetrooper was the greatest one, but nah...it was her.

6. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I remember buying her and Kyle Katarn. Those were the days; when you could walk into a shop and buy a Star Wars figure.

7. cooleddie74

And for just $4.99 or $5.99.

(*Gets misty eyed and wistful*)

8. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

In muh day, you could buy two Star Wars figures for less than $6.00--tax included. I did that every month when I was a kid.

9. cooleddie74

Oh, yeah, when I was a tiny little kid of about five or six you could score some original Star Wars and Empire figures for just a couple of bucks each, and that was when they were brand spankin' new...not on markdown.

10. OdoWanKenobi

Found the Hasbro 6" Hulk! Yay! I've got all the movie Avengers now. Well, except Black Widow that is. Come on Hasbro, give us another wave with Black Widow, the Mark VII, and a Chitauri soldier. I promise I'll buy them all!

Also, this is the best Hulk ever made in this scale, movie or comic.

Oh, and one more thing:
    [​IMG]

Puny God.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  11. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Awesome. :guffaw:

12. cooleddie74

That's an amazing looking Hulk. I don't think I've ever seen that one before, and certainly not in any of my local stores. He must be a great seller.

13. OdoWanKenobi

He, along with Hawkeye and Loki have been shortpacked. From what I gather, with the Wal-Marts all doing their resets, the 6" Avenger figures are one of the mandated items to carry even for the small crappy stores. This also means that the ones that didn't carry them before the resets are getting the newer cases with more Hulks, Hawkeyes, and Lokis. That's good for us.

14. cooleddie74

The recent answer from the Hasbro reps at Celebration VI regarding case assortments of the harder to find, rare waves most people had trouble tracking down:

In other words, lurk around your local TJ Maxx or Marshalls and forget places like Walmart.

15. OdoWanKenobi

So, basically what I do already?

16. cooleddie74

Zing.

Well, basically...yeah. :p

17. OdoWanKenobi

Though, actually in the case of Wave 9, I'm good. I managed to find both Ponda Baba and Bastilla. I guess I was just lucky. The ones I would really like to gets my hands on are Nom Anor and Evezan.

18. cooleddie74

^
    Yeah. You were. With that wave, 99% of finding it was just pure, stupid luck. ;)

On another note, look at what just hit retail shelves in Hong Kong. This is going to be a Target exclusive here in the States and was announced as a December/Christmas release, but if East Asian stores are now getting them the U.S. debut could be a lot sooner than we were originally told. Start keeping your eyes peeled just in case.

[​IMG]

19. OdoWanKenobi

Funny how some of my luckiest finds this past year have been at the Wal-Mart that I generally consider to be the "crap" one. Hulk today, Hawkeye a few weeks ago, Bastilla and Ponda several months ago. Maybe this one has turned around.

20. cooleddie74

This summer Kmarts have been the place to go for a lot of collectors...for some oddball reasons nobody quite knows. The latest waves of Vintage(Evazan, Tarkin, Jar Jar) have actually shown up in somewhat respectable numbers at many Kmarts across the country in addition to the store-exclusive AT-ST Scout Walker in an awesome and popular Vintage Collection box. Heck, there've even been $15 and even $10 Vintage Collection B-Wing Fighters on markdown!

Most Walmarts around here are deader than a dodo. Most of the action is at TRU and Kmart, which is almost a complete reversal from previous years when Wally World and Target were the hot spots for new figures and exclusives.