Bringing back an old game - Name the TrekLit Quote

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Star Treks, May 7, 2008.

1. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

It's not Objective: Bajor.

2. MarianLH

MarianLH Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Time for a hint, I think.

Marian

3. Cap'n Crunch

Hint: It's a novel that features Klingons.

4. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Vengeance by Dafydd ab Hugh?

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

5. Cap'n Crunch

Nope.

6. Trent Roman

Bump. We're obviously having trouble with this one; I hate to ask for another hint after only one more guess, but it's been a day and a half...

7. Star Treks

Star Treks Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

no! The thread is dying again! C'mon, people, we need an infusion of talent and enthusiasm. I don't want to be the father of another failure of a game!!! ;)

8. MarianLH

Inquisition?

Marian

9. Gaius Baltar

Gaius Baltar Commander Red Shirt

Is it day of honor 2 armageddon sky ?

10. MarianLH

Apparently no one in the universe except Cap'n Crunch has read this novel.

Marian

11. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I think this one is done. It's time for the answer and a new quote.

12. Trent Roman

I know that Dafydd ab Hugh's Rebels trilogy also involved Klingons, and would have suggested one as a guess except that I couldn't possibly distinguish one of those books from the other two. Not surprising, considering it felt like a single story (and not a particular good one at that) split into three piles.

13. Gaius Baltar

I found the correct answer to the quote and since Cap'n Crunch hasn’t posted recently i thought i would post the answer to help keep the thread alive. Hope nobody minds. It is from Day of Honour 2 Armageddon Sky chapter 8. Below is an excerpt of the page with the original quote by Cap'n Crunch highlighted as proof. It was a tough one to find.

The last painful knot of fear loosened its grip on Bashir's heart. "I will." She nodded once, grimly, and sprang to her feet with all the vigor of a warrior marching into honorable combat even though she'd almost certainly lose. Perhaps that was all that was really facing her now. Still, Bashir put out one hand to stop her before she could launch herself toward the outside. "I have one more favor to ask of you." K'Taran hesitated, eyes dark and flinty with suspicion. "Our honor is in balance," she told him. [highlight] The doctor shook his head,suddenly strangely embarrassed at having been misunderstood, as though caught in a grave imposition. "Not an honor debt," he assured her hastily. "A favor." Then, swallowing hard, Bashir sat as straight as he could, and clenched his hands behind his back. "I was wondering if I might impose on you to set a fractured bone. ..."[/highlight] According to Dax's antistic tricorder, they were halfway back to the main Klingon encampment when their communicators chirped again. This time, Dax could actually hear as well as feel the signal, although there was still an odd metallic flatness to the high-pitched sound. She waited a moment for Kira to tap her pin and answer, frowning at her when she didn't. "Aren't you even going to acknowledge the captain's hail?" It was one thing to contemplate disobeying orders when it came to evacuating without Julian, Dax discovered, and quite another to simply ignore the chain of command. "That's not the Defiant hailing us," Kira answered. "It's the wrong frequency." Dax took a breath, realizing that for once her aching ears hadn't lied to her about a sound. "Why would someone else be hailing us?" asked, then answered in the same breath. "The Klingons."

The new quote is:

"We have Commander Tucker to thank for that," Kairn explained. "Glad to see you haven't lost your touch, Commander. I'm not sure I could do the same anymore. It's been a long while since I worked on any sort of engine. In my cell, to pass the time, I used to take apart an imaginary drive assembly-put it back together. Cid, mostly, of course. Think about how I might approach it differently, next time. If there is a next time."

14. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Would that be Daedalus by Dave Stern?

15. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I'm thinking Daedalus's Children.

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Didn't we already have a quote from the Daedalus duology?

17. Gaius Baltar

Correct Daedalus part 1:techman:

18. John Clark

Thanks;)

Next up:

"You seem to be enjoying this" Kirk grumbled, making a sour face. " You mean, You aren't?" McCoy gave him a wide-eyed innocent look."I thought having several wives was the spacemans ultimate fantasy. Now you'll never have to worry about getting enough exercise"

19. Gaius Baltar

Is it Star trek Enemy Unseen?

20. John Clark

Didn't take long:bolian:

Yep, that's the one, by V E Mitchell:)