Spider-Man 4 Villian Revealed (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

It seems it will be Felica Hardy aka The Black Cat and they're looking to cast Rachael McAdams to play her. I personally don't mind McAdams, I've only seen her in The Notebook and Mean Girls so don't really have a real good scope of her acting. For those of you who are going WTF The Black Cat isn't a villain, Felcia did start out that way before she began getting an attraction towards Spider-Man. Here is the article from mania.com

http://www.mania.com/spiderman-4-villain-revealed_article_118760.html

2. QuasarVM

QuasarVM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What in tha...what about The Lizard or Man-Wolf?!

Damn...those are the ones I want to see!

3. Admiral_Young

Read the article...there's a casting blurb in there about the Lizard.

4. QuasarVM

QuasarVM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

VERY cool!!! :techman::techman::techman:

5. Admiral_Young

Personally I like this development if it holds true and wouldn't mind these combination of characters, and Spider-Man 4 is supposed to be a stand alone film with the fifth and sixth being a duo logy.

6. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know if she's curvy enough...

7. crouteru

crouteru Captain Captain

Hmmm, the Spider-Man movie franchise has already done my two favourite villiains: Doc Ock and Venom, with one of them portrayed brilliantly, the other horribly. I'm not all that interested in The Lizard, but Black Cat was ok. I'm kinda interested, but not as much as I was (emphasis on the was) anticipating 3. I still don't understand why they didn't decide to split 3 into two movies, especially now they're planning to do just that with 5 and 6.

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Is Black Cat superpowered? If not, she's going to seem a rather weak villain after the likes of Green Goblin, Doc Oc and Sandman. Batman v Catwoman isn't so bad as neither have superpowers. But would a Spidey v BC showdown match the scrap on top of the train from Spider-man 2? Hard to imagine.

And I thought Raimi & co had learned their lesson re multiple villains from the third movie. Apparently not, if this story is correct.

9. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ I don't think two is a bad idea. Three was excessive, but I think the third film would have worked with Hobgoblin and one of the others. Besides, as you say yourself, Black Cat--both because of her limited powerset and because her character arc is a relunctant thief who eventually becomes a relunctant hero--won't carry a film herself; so it's best to pair her off with someone strong enough to pose a threat, and dangerous enough for her to be compelled to eventually side with Spiderman. Curious as to who the main villain will be if not Lizard; however, the site deduces that it won't be Lizard on the basis on a casting call going out, when it could simply be that they've decided to recast the role (which I hope won't be the case, but is always possible in this industry).

Now, who wants to photoshop Rachel McAdams in a catsuit and white hair?

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

10. Admiral_Young

Felicia I don't think has any powers...except in the fox animated series when she was given luck powers right? I would have liked 3 better if Harry had become Hobgoblin, after all when he discovers the Lair they do show an orange mask along with the other varied green masks. Venom was very disappointing and while I liked Topher Grace as Brock, his portrayal of Venom was horrid. There was no time for the symbiont to bond to Brock, that is my theory as to why Venom never says "We" during his conversations with anyone. I think there was too much attempt at giving Venom lame humorous lines as well...like when he does the finger waggle regarding MJ...hated that part.

11. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't the actor who played Dr. Connors say he was signed to do Spidey 4?

I like the use of Black Cat. Could bring a nice character arc and be a way to phase out MJ (if they do go that route).

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The Black Cat, fits the mold I suppose. I'm still going to wait for further confirmation, Mania has gotten it wrong before. If they are right and McAdams met then Black Cat is a good fit for her...unless they are recasting say Betty Brant. Its not unlike these guys to feed bad info, its been done before cause they know how net savvy we all are.

Also, the Black Cat did have a type of 'hex' power to fit with that superstitious axiom "don't let a black cat cross your path cause its bad luck". If I recall she allowed some type of experiment to be done to her in exchange for doing some thefts. She wanted some power to free her father. Later, the power somehow wore off, then it came back decades later. Currently I think she is powerless in the comics.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

As long as they do Black Cat AND the Lizard that would be fine. Black Cat could be the baddie in the first half, then the Lizard is born and they team up to take him down.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

That article says there will be TWO villains, Black Cat and a new male character, which means either it ain't the Lizard or they're recasting the character.

15. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

No, the FOX show gave her moderate superstrength/agility - the luck powers thing was from the comics, though whether she has them is pretty intermittent (currently I believe no).

16. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like the idea of having to villains with close connections to Peter, but with the Black Cat I fear she'll be used very similar to the way Gwen Stacy was and to be honest the character is way too similar to catwoman. Then again, Rachael McAdams...

17. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

would be better suited playing Selina Kyle/Catwoman, instead.

18. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, she does (it was a pretty hilarious sequence in ASM 604 IIRC).

19. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Prediction: If Black Cat appears in Spider-Man 4, there will be no Catwoman in the next Batman film.

20. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

So, a re-tread of Spider-Man 3, but with one fewer villain? The Batman Returns method (villains team up to take down the hero) has been run into the ground ... and it generally sucks, in the first place.

If I had to guess, given the amount of cajoling and money it took to secure Maguire, Dunst and Raimi for the fourth film, Sony has asked Raimi to do a subtle set-up for a fifth film and beyond that would be a "fresh" start.

Or they're just doing Electro or Vulture.