DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Keith glossed over the transition.

His writing Partner was soaked in the blood of the last volume after having spent 4 months laying waste to Justice League Detroit. I know someone had to do it, but after the screaming stopped, Kieth had to look into J.M's eyes every day and say "My Justice League hasn't done anything bad, the numbers are good, the numbers are good, please don't kill Guy Gardner."

Justice League 258 through 261 is you were curious.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wonder Woman #21: As House of UIster stated last page, this book is the best book out of New 52 and continues to be my favourite. Just terrific story telling and art, and that last page...and yeah poor Lennox.

Batman and Robin #21: This was pretty good. I do agree to some extent that it felt like an extension of "Batgirl" but I thought Babs served her purpose plot wise pretty well. The art has been great in this book since the grief storyline has started, and also just a small correction...Babs only offered to be Robin, she didn't replace Robin. Bruce got angry and tossed her out of the cave. Catwoman guest stars next issue, and Nightwing appearing following that.

3. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

From Newsarama, here's a crappy animated version of the New 52 Justice League in a Target advertisement:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RnzB_5LQ-0[/yt]

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

5. Guy Gardener

I love Greg Pak's work.

6. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The revolving door on the Superman books is a sad state of affairs.

I think I've read two things by Pak, some lame Battlestar Galactica tie-ins and the terrible World War Hulk, so this does not fill me with confidence.

At least there's still Unchained and Adventures.

7. Admiral_Young

^ You read World War Hulk before Planet Hulk? Oh dear. No wonder you feel that way.

Pak on Action Comics is promising news, but yeah let's see long this lasts for.

8. Guy Gardener

Is DC putting the talent to the curb, or is the Talent leaping out of a moving car called Action Comics?

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

They don't seem to be happy with the intense editorial interference and total lack of internal understanding as to what the new continuity is or should be...

10. Guy Gardener

That sounds horrible.

Didn't some mastermind write a bible to pass around?

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Well I certainly hope they're doing better off two years in, but that's what all those departures in the first year were about. Editorial couldn't answer the writers' questions about what was in continuity or not anymore. And they would agree to storylines, only to change them at the last possible moment. Poor Rob Liefeld :p

12. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^Every cloud has a silver lining.

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm looking forward to his Eternal Warrior book at VALIANT, this not so much. DCs revolving door of creators doesn't have me convinced he could adequately finish whatever plans he sets out.

14. Admiral_Young

Greg Pak seems to be one of their new go to guys. They gave him Batman/Superman right away which is I think supposed to be one of their new intended marquee book (the preview seems excellent btw) and now Action Comics, so unless something totally breaks down between him and editorial...I'd say he should have a nice long run. After all Scott Lobdell has actually stabilized "Superman" to the point where I'm reading it again, and I never thought I would lol.

15. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I think Superman has been on a pretty good run for almost a year now.

16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Got Larfleeze #1. Can't wait to look at that.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Batman Superman #1 was intriguing, but I don't think Jae Lee's art fits a mainstream book like this. I thought Bruce Wayne sitting on a bench was a multi tentacled plant monster for the first several pages :p

18. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

So word is that DC will be publishing an ongoing Sinestro Corps title. This will be the sixth ongoing Lantern book at once alongside Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern New Guardians, Red Lanterns, and Larfleeze. Holy cow!

19. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

As much as I like Larfleeze in some of the arcs, I'm not really sure if I'm interested in picking up a solo title. Same might be true with the Sinestro Corps, but I'll keep an open mind.

20. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I have reservations about Larfleeze in a solo title as well, but the fact that it is being written by Giffen ad Dematteis gives me a lot of hope. They're responsible for one of my favorite comic runs ever, in Justice League International. The first issue actually was pretty good. There's one moment in particular that made me laugh and cover my mouth in shock at the same time.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013